New PC Tower (£200-£300) Budget

G

Hello there!

I am currently using a PC which has had more than its fair share of problems and to be fair its had a good run and is getting old now. I am currently using a Windows XP era PC, 1.5GB RAM (started with 512). 160GB HDD. P4 Intel 3.0Ghz CPU. The gfx card has been upgraded to a Radeon HD2400 but although this machine is better than it was. I want a new one.

I am looking at spending £200- maybe up too £300 on just a tower. That Is not including the Hard drive as I will carry my old one over for now, also my DVD Writer also.

I am looking for the best PSU,Mobo,CPU case and maybe gfx I can get with my budget. I am happy to use my old ram if it fits until I can purcahse more.

But since I am in a bit of a dilemma.

What is the best I could get using my full budget getting all the items I need baring the HDD and DVD Drives.

And what is the best Mobo,CPU,Case,PSU I can get for £200.

It all seems a bit messy and ive been looking around, I like to play games although I dont play many currently and my PC gets used a lot for music and downloading and does a lot of brain work with extracting huge files.

If you need more info from me to assist me then please ask!

Thanks in advance!

G

This was a double post i have another thread somewhere - sorry