Help me find a monitor PLEEASE! IPS 22/23" HDMI Speakers Height Adjust

GSB1

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Hi all,

It't monitor buying time again and I always seem to struggle finding a model with the spec I want. Mostly hindered by not enough search granularity of online sales sites and even manufacturer comparison charts not being complete etc.

My not too needy requirements are.....

MUST Haves

22" or 23" IPS 16:9
1920 x 1080 native res
Speakers
HDMI input

Nice to have (read must have but will conceed if I have too)

Height adjustable

Height adjustment seems such an obvious feature of a monitor yet only features on a minority of models. Speakers seem a rarity too, and when I do find them the monitor is DVI only not HDMI, which seems wierd considering it would make sense for a single input carrying picture and audio.

I would like to spend £150-£200 max but at the moment I'll be happy if I can find a model that fits the requirement that has a reasonable write up. Picture has to be good so if need be budget variable.

I will mostly be using the monitor for general use, surfing, HD video etc, some occassional games but not a big requirement. Put it this way the gaming I do do is fine on my 8ms 4:3 19" Xerox XAP-192i.

The LG IPS231P-BN would be mine if it had HDMI.

Any suggestions?

TIA
Graham

GSB1

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
The money is going up but I'm liking the ASUS PA238Q - but no speakers!

http://uk.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/PA238Q/

Please reply if you know a model I'm missing - or even a good site that can narrow my search by feature.

best-gaming-monitor

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Hey man, if you want an IPS that's definitely a good one to go with. Don't worry that it doesn't have speakers. The speakers that come with monitors are usually terrible. I'm talking laptop quality here, sometimes worse.

You can buy some great desktop audio solutions these days for cheap. I definitely recommend going that route especially if you plan on gaming or watching movies.

Also, make sure to get your monitor from a retailer that has a no hassle return policy. Amazon will take returns for 30 days no matter what.

Andy H.

GSB1

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011

The Asus recommended above? That does have speakers.

I take it my goal of a monitor like the above but height adjustable is unlikely?

best-gaming-monitor

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Well you mentioned the PA238Q not having speakers. I'm just saying not to worry about them as they're usually of poor quality.

I've used the speakers on the VW246H and it's one of the worst. Although, we might have a new winner for that award with the VX2453mh-LED.

Anyways, I've yet to see a monitor that's height adjustable. Maybe some of the higher end models but I'm not sure. I've only seen swivel and tilt as well as 2 different stand configurations.

Andy H.