Dell U2410 Monitor doesn't have VESA Mounting

arkanis9

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
I have an ergotron LX arm for this LCD monitor, the Dell U2410 LCD Display. It's a great display, yet when i have seen the back there are no screw holes for mounts. This is very confusing seeing that Dell says it is vesa wall mount compatible. Instead dell has a clip in mechanism for its default stand. How can a clip in be mountable? And no one addresses this discrepency. I hope I'm wrong, but the real crap is that I already ordered it without this new information coming to light. Can anyone who's worked with the hardware say otherwise. Any responses welcome. Thanks

G

I discovered this when I tried to use a Dell stand with an IBM screen that lacked a stand. I guess Dell sell enough to create their own standards.

One solution which suggested itself was to drill out the Dell stand to match the VESA mount -- and it may be possible to kludge yours up by drilling matching holes in the back of the monitor case.

Obviously first remove the back of the monitor and if you use nuts and bolts make sure that nothing will foul the rear of LCD component or the circuit boards. .

szenttehen

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Hopefully you have figured this out by now, but for other who may be interested the vesa mounts are on the U2410 underneath the clip. Just unclip the display from the Dell stand and you will be able to mount it on the LX arm.

cherylC

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2013
This is not true. I just unclipped my stand from my Dell U2410 and there are NO mounting holes whatsoever. Clearly an oversight or just a poor decision. I want to mount my Dell monitor on a dual stand from Amazon, but can't because of this.

Brirec

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
Remove the four screws you see in the corners under the clip mount. those are the VESA screw holes and a handful of extra screws in case your mount didn't come with any.