Best 1920 x 1200 26"+ monitor

captvash

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
I am shopping around for 3x 1920x1200 26"+ monitor for a 2d nVidia surround setup.
I don't want to hear any of the fables of the "big pixels" on larger monitors, a 1920x1080 28" monitor won't have any big blocks so a 1920x1200 def won't either. Not interested in that argument, just color/lighting quality:cost ratio.

Price is a factor, but so is quality. The two I have found so far are:

http://bit.ly/jT4Wra

I lean towards the NEC (Which is usually on sale for $480) because of it is obviously a much superior monitor.
My issues are the price (3 of those would be rather expensive) and the fact that it's 5ms response time (invites ghosting for my high paced FPSs).
The Haans-G is without a doubt the less quality monitor, I'm sure it bleeding issues and I doubt the colors are as good as the NEC.

So my 5 part question:
1 Has anyone used this Haans-G model (or one in it's class)?
2 Does this Haans-G model have color/bleed issues?
3 Does this NEC model have ghosting issues?
4 Is the cost ($470 x3) worth the extra for the NEC over the Haans-G?
5 Does anyone know another 26"+ 1920x1200 monitor?

Any help would be great, thanks!

Solution
I think i've found my new monitor

Asus VW266H

-1920X1200 res.
-2ms response time
-Integrated aspect control functionality
---Gaming mode: Adaptively brightens dark areas while keeping the same overall saturation.
All monitors have color/bleed issues. Generally speaking, the larger the monitor the larger the areas can be.

The monitors you have selected use TN panel technology and while they are inexpensive to manufacture and can have response times as lows as 2ms, they tend to have more backlight bleeding issues compared to more expensive LCD panel technology like VA and IPS. Additionally, TN panels tends to have more color shifting.

Hanns-G is one of the worst brand names around which is why their products are
pretty cheap.

Of the two I would prefer the NEC. However, I do not like TN panel monitors in general. Here's a detailed review of the NEC:

http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2008/review-nec-ea261wm.html#Introduction

captvash

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011

Yeah looks like the best choice is the NEC.. I just wish I got it at $470, ill wait for it to drop again.

The HG just seems to good to be true, yah it has great reviews, but I'm sure it would yield bad results.

What if I used a color meter on the HG and adjusted the color settings to perfect suggestions? Think it would still look poorly?

46N2l

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2009
I think i've found my new monitor

Asus VW266H

-1920X1200 res.
-2ms response time
-Integrated aspect control functionality
---Gaming mode: Adaptively brightens dark areas while keeping the same overall saturation.

Solution

captvash

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011

Thanks. Thats the one ill go with. Good value, good price, and good company.