Viewsonic vx922 replaced caps ..now what???

blutch

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
vx922 monitor, have replaced all but the large 400v 100uf capacitor on power board. power on the 12 v rail between the boards goes from 12v to 4v and repeats. the same as the blinking green light on the power button. screen flashes on for 1/2 sec green light goes out and screen goes black then repeats. could it be the big cap? it looks fine.

thanks ,
blutch

CCL-LA

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
What brand and series capacitors did you use for the repair? The capacitors need to be low ESR, high ripple current and high temp. If you used standard caps they could still be the problem. Your power supply board should be a FSP043-2PI01. This board is used in Viewsonic and Hanns-g monitors. Here is a picture with the capacitors circled:
hx191.jpg

Be sure you replaced the small starter cap too, many people overlook that one. If your power supply still does not work then you need to check the transformer for shorts and then check the backlight tubes. To check the tubes it is best to have a spare set to plug in to your board. You can get backlight bulbs to test in the kits that add lights to the insides of systems, they will come in colored tubes like blue, pink or purple. Let me know what you find and we will go from there.

BuddyMc
www.ccl-la.com

blutch

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011

if could figure out how to send an attached pic, i would. i have the other board. the one without the notch. as far as the caps, i used all that alphatronics had. but have ordered panasonic fm caps from digikey.

thanks, i'm new to the forum thing so please bear with me.

my board is FSP035-1P101

blutch

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
if it's all connected and the power switch is off, then i get a steady 12.42 volts on the board connector 12v rail. if i disconnect the power board totally, and plug it in i get very minimal voltage on the 12v connector.

statgatesg1

Distinguished
May 28, 2011

WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO E-MAIL ME THE VALUE AND VOLTAGE RATING FOR THE CAPS ON THE INVERTER/PS BOARD AS SOMEONE HAS REMOVED THE CAPS ON THE SECONDARY SIDE....C263 C261 C241 C244 Board is FSP043-2PI01 It is the same in the picture

stargate.electronics@telkomsa.net
Thanking you Ian Mc Neil-Spence