Looking for a decent gaming monitor circa $230

Hello I am looking for a good gaming monitor for my system. I have tried a few leds and so far I am less than impressed currently I am testing the Asus ve247h which is a decent led but the problem is that it has noticeable ghosting with dark text on a white background its not so bad in games but it is still noticeable and irritating at times.. I am not convinced that LED is the way to go bc the colors just appear to be so washed out (blue/yellow) no matter what settings I tweak. Basically I want something that is 22-24" that will provide good colors and good response time that is reliable and used by many gamers. Please advise and my rig is in my signature. What would you do in my situation?

Sorry I forgot the template here it is:

Approximate Purchase Date: ASAP
Budget Range: 230 AR

Monitor Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, movies

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I'd like to buy at frys electronics in las vegas nevada to ensure no dead pixel/easy returns if nessessary

Country of Origin: USA

Brand Preferences: Had bad ghosting exp with an ASUS ve247h which is supposed to have 2 ms gtg

Physical Size (Diagonal): 21.5-24" or larger budget permitting

Resolution(s) You'll Consider: 1920X1080

Inputs Needed: dvi or hdmi does not matter

Panel Type(s) Desired: TN, or IPS

LED Backlight: so far it seems like the leds have a terrible blue/yellow tint and also do not deliver on some of the specs that they promise

Speakers: dont care

Wall-Mount: no

Stand Functions: not a priority but I'd prefer something sturdy

Additional Comments: I want decent image quality and good response time, does it make sense to go for an ips for gaming?