Component inputs with the VH236H

I have the following predicament:

I will be using the Hauppauge HD-PVR to capture footage from an Xbox 360. This device allows for the passing through of a component signal. My monitor, the VH236H, accepts HDMI, DVI, and VGA inputs.

What would be the best way to connect the component outputs from the HD-PVR to my monitor? I prefer to use the VGA input if possible (the HDMI and DVI inputs are already being used), but I am open to whatever will work best.

In looking for a way to convert the component signal to VGA, I came across something like this. However, the item description makes a point to say that this will NOT work with a "regular computer monitor." The VGA port must be able to accept Y/Pr/Pb component signals.

I have searched high and low to try to find out whether the VH236H's VGA port accepts a component signal, but I have had no success. There was not even anything definitive in the product's manual itself.

Which brings me to my primary question: WILL such a cable as the one linked above work to display a component signal through the VH236H's VGA port?

If the answer is no, what other solution(s) would I have to get the component output from the HD-PVR to display through ANY of my monitor's three input ports? My only requirement would be that I be able to display the signal on my monitor in perfect 720P.

Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about component inputs vh236h
  1. I think you can connect the HD-PVR to your computer using USB2, and then use your video card output to the monitor.
Ask a new question

Read More

Flat Panel Monitors VGA Components Monitors Peripherals