slight wavy lines on lcd monitor

Hi i have tried 2 lcd monitors on my pc and every now and then i get very slight background wavy lines,realy faint but i can notice it,could it be my gfx card as that has been running hot alot of the time,just want to find out how i can get rid of them or if this is a known problem on lcd monitors.

thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about slight wavy lines lcd monitor
  1. my first guess would be tearing. turn on vsync (vertical sync) in the video card driver or if it happens during a game it should also have the option there.
  2. I'm working on an HP DV6000. In my case, I believe the screen is going or the inverter is going out. The external monitor is fine. If you have a nvidia chipset, they have a recall on HP's for a graphics issue. Also is you notebook running too hot? I have to keep a notebook cooler under it to keep it at a safe temp.

If anyone reads this thread, please reply to mine too. I had the notebook torn down to replace a bad heatsink fan. The problem here may be that the notebook was over heated. That would mean I should get a new board since the graphics is built into the mainboard. I guess I'm in a "Help me" mode now. Dan
Ask a new question

Read More

Flat Panel Monitors LCD LCD Monitor Monitors Peripherals