24 inch vs 27 inch? + glossy monitors

Arigo

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Are 24 inch monitors generally clearer in 1080p, than 27 inch monitors? I heard that somewhere and was wondering if that was true..

Also is there any desktop monitors out there that have glossy screens like laptops..? I li

rofl_my_waffle

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
What you are referring to is "pixel density".

Pixels are tiny squares dots that have color filters to display what is on the screen.
These squares are used to draw smooth curves for everything from letters to images. Obviously squares are not very smooth.

Displays with very high pixel density would have squares so small you can't distinguish them so objects would appear more smooth but of course smaller.

Displays with lower pixel density would have more jagged edges because larger squares are used to make curves but the image would appear bigger.

Smooth edges but smaller picture, rough edges but bigger picture. Im not sure what you consider better "clarity" but I personally prefer my edges smooth.

Theres plenty of screen with glossy coating. They are almost everywhere. Usually on TN panels though because they have bad color. Be aware of the highly reflective nature of glossy displays. If you have a room with a window, you better have some nice curtains otherwise the monitor would be useless during daylight. You may not notice with a cellphone or laptop where you can hide from the sun but there is no escape for a desktop monitor.

Arigo

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Thanks for the reply. Ive looked and looked, and can only find one monitor with a glossy coating like a laptop.. Is there any specific way of finding them? Is it under a certain spec? Thanks