How do i make my second monitor my primary

Grantsworld1

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
I have a Dell D520 Latitude laptop installed with windows 7 Enterprise to which i have connected a 20" dell monitor via the VGA cable. I can extend the displays to show only the laptop monitor or on the external monitor and duplicate, however what i would i cant do is show my main desktop page in the second external monitor and then extend the displays to show only the programs running in the background on my laptop display. Basically i want the bigger external monitor to be my main monitor and the laptop to be my secondary whilst the displays are extended. Can anyone help please!!!!!

Solution
If you right-click a blank area on the monitor, a menu opens with several options, some of which will be related to graphics and monitors. Hover the mouse cursor on them and new menus will open. Rotation of the screen, etc. You will find there what you want to achieve.

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
If you right-click a blank area on the monitor, a menu opens with several options, some of which will be related to graphics and monitors. Hover the mouse cursor on them and new menus will open. Rotation of the screen, etc. You will find there what you want to achieve.

Solution

Grantsworld1

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

Your an absolute star, thank you very much it works a treat!