Got a new monitor....found either a dead or stuck pixel

zc3

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2002
IS there anything I can do to fix this or am i SOL? It's red most of the time, does that mean it is a stuck pixel and not a dead pixel?

rofl_my_waffle

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
You can try a program that cycles through colors very very fast. It might get the pixel unstuck. http://www.jscreenfix.com/

However that hasn't really worked for me.
Some people say if you press the panel really hard, it could fix it. But that can also damage the screen.

If it is new, I suggest getting a replacement.

zc3

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2002
when the screen is green the pixel is black.

hmm...looking at the asus return policy(asus vw246h monitor) if it has 3-5 dead pixels it is still considered to be good quality and i wouldn't be able to return it =/

NoCanDo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
What I'm going to suggest isn't very ethical, but neither is saying if you have less than 5 dead pixels the screen quality is still good... so here goes:

If you can't find a solution for the pixel why not try and pop a few more pixels out so they take it back and give you a replacement?

Dead or stuck pixels are some of the things you have to deal with when buying a LCD monitor. Although rare some people (like the OP) will get them. The only suggestion I can make is to buy a "Dead Pixel Policy" if offered by the store. There is one, but I forogt the name since I don't buy stuff from them.

Intentionally damaging the panel is unethical. I'm guessing if you have the right equipment you can damage a pixel, but its probably cheaper to buy new monitor than it is to buy the equipment.