Just bought my first PC. WIll crossfire work with this monitor?

jakebaker13

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
I just custom ordered my first gaming PC and I totally had a brainfart while building it. Will two R6870's in crossfire work on my monitor? ( Spectre E246W) It has 1 DVI, ! HDMI, and 1 VGA. Did I totally drop the ball by not ordering a monitor by not having one equipped with two DVI inputs or is this not a problem? I can't find a solution on the web and I would really appreciate the help!!!

Solution
No, you should be fine so long as it has the correct ports, which it does. You do not need a dual input on a monitor for crossfire (or at all), as the point of crossfire is to give you double the graphics processing power, not double the output to the monitor.
No, you should be fine so long as it has the correct ports, which it does. You do not need a dual input on a monitor for crossfire (or at all), as the point of crossfire is to give you double the graphics processing power, not double the output to the monitor.

Solution

jakebaker13

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
Thats a relief. So where do I pluf in the monitor into the back of the computer. Obviousley there will be 4 DVI outputs because of the 2 graphics cars... So which one do I pluf it into, or does it matter?