Viewsonic 26" tv/monitor

mitoybay

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
I have a Viewsonic N2652W 26" monitor that will not power on. The red lite on the on/off buttom lites RED. When I press it on, it turns GREEN for about 2 seconds, blinks once and goes back to RED. NO lites or sounds from the monitor. I pulled off the back and can see no obvious issues, but really wouldn't know if it didn't pop out at me. Any Ideas... I reads some thoughts on Power supply and capacitors. Thanks!

mitoybay

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
Thanks for the info. I repalced 5 capacitors, turned it on and the green light came on and a very faint image, (barely visable in low light), but then 30-40 seconds later it went off and the Red light came back on. Now it does just what it did initialy. I could not locate any other obvious 'bad capacitors' or identify any other obvious issues. Is there a way to test it (or get it tested) that would verify the problema nd whether it is worth repairing. Thanks again for all your input!

G

Well, you must be well pleased with us after all that soldering ? But, obviously other things can go wrong. Sounds like the backlight, if it weren't for the red light. I think you may have to offer this to a repair guy.

mitoybay

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
Well, although it was not a good experiance, it was good experiance! Thanks for all your help. I will inquire on the cost of testing. One thought though. This was used by my father-in-law and he rarely, if ever turned it off. It would go to screen saver mode but was always powered on, could that cause a specific problem?