Samsung SyncMaster225BW display problem

strikex2

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
hey all, thanks for taking the time to help me out.

anywho, the monitor is great and has been working awesomely until today.

I turn on the computer and the monitor boots as usual. It will say "analog" up at the top and at the samme time quickly flash what its suppose to display. Then the screen turns black again.

If i unplug it from my video card, it doesn't even give me a "no signal detected" display. Nor can I access the menu when its turned on.

When LCD monitors are turned on, even if its display all dark, the pure black is still a bit lighter because of backlighting (for my 225bw) but after it flashes the image, that back light isn't there. So basically, after quickly flashing, it no longer displays anything.

Its not my 7900gt because I tried another monitor and it worked fine. And I've tried the 225bw on several other computers too. Same results.

Any suggestions?

Thank you all.

G

I have the exact same monitor, with the exact same problem ... even discontected from the video card, I can't even pull up the monitors menu. But after I turn it off then on, it will flash normal for half a second. Did you find an answer to this problem?

Konesky

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Hello,

This is about the Samsung 225BW monitor with the "backlight" problem.

I've got the same monitor and the same problem. I suspect the backlight itself is fine because when I first power it on, the "Analog" box in the top corner and the picture on the rest of the screen flashes normally for a split second before going black. It's not actually black, the image is there but it's so dark you can barely make it out. The fact the image flashes briefly tells me the backlight itself is fine.

The brightness is maxed and all other settings are normal, wondering what is wrong.

I've got another of the exact same monitor beside it, another SyncMaster 225BW which I can plug into the computer and verify the settings are correct and it should display correctly, that rules that out.

Wondering if it's a bad capacitor issue etc. I just bought this second hand, the owner claimed it worked fine so before I tear it apart (making it impossible to return) to look at components, I was hoping someone had a definite answer.

Any help would be appreciated, please reply to: Konesky AT Gmail DOT com

Thanks

G

i am having the same problem ... i think that the back light is taking awhile to charge up ... because if you wait for awhile or if you shine a flashlight on the monitor you can see that it is working just the back light is flashing on and off. with mine i can turn it on .. it will flash on off ... then i wait 15 mins and turn it off then back on and it works fine till i let the monitor cool down then it repeats the problem.