Monitor losing color

misko88

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Hello

I was searching the forum and I didnt find that anyone had any problems like mine :(

So I would like to ask if someone haves any suggestions or answers for the problem :)

The problem is that my monitor BenQ FP71G+ LCD Monitor is losing the green color. The thing is that its sometimes blinking,but blinking in a way that when is blinks it loses the green color,and the whole monitor turns pink or violet(R+B only,instead of R+G+B).

So my solutions were to re-solder the board inside,and even change the Capacitors and a few MOSFETs,but with no luck...
Now even when I turn on the monitor it needs at least 5 minutes to "heat up" and gain the green color,but after 1-2 hours of working on it,starts losing the green color again(blinking).

But the weird thing is that when it loses the green color,when I go into the Menu in the monitor,there the green color didnt go away,only "behind" the menu(the display signal that it gets from the computer).

Now I tried even to put in a graphics card,because its running on a integrated graphic card on a ASUS P5N73 MoBo(thought even maybe the MoBo is doing the problem),but with no luck.Tried it on a other monitor and everything works fine.

So I,once again, turned to Tom`s Hardware for I have found the website to be the best for any kind of questions and suggestion regarding to computer SW/HW :)

I thank you in forward for any answers and suggestiongs

Best Regards

It sounds as if the monitor is dying, to be blunt. If you have already taken out the board and attempted repairs on that with no luck, it sounds as if the liquid crystals may have worn out. There isn't much you can do about that unfortunately. How old is the monitor BTW? Instead of fussing around with it, you can easily find another 17 inch LCD or bigger for a decent price nowadays. Check out Dell Outlet Center and see what they have in stock.

misko88

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
The monitor is pretty old,my first TFT btw.
Its something like 6 years if I remember right.
Thank you for the answer, thought I can get a more out of my monitor,but then it looks like I cant. :/

Unfortunately, that's usually how it works. But it does sound like you got your use out of it. 6 years isn't bad. Again, take a look at Dell's Outlet Center or even Tiger Direct or New Egg for a new one, as I'm sure there are plenty of deals out there.

misko88

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
I have a bit of a problem with those sites because they dont ship out to Serbia :( one of the reasons I dont like where I`m living.Our country still doesnt have even PayPal.So it`s a bit harder for me.

But thanks again for the suggestions :)