Need advice on gaming monitor

bastyn99

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
Hey Toms Hardware, I am in need of your help, as I am looking to buy a new Monitor for gaming next week. I have been looking at the Dell U2311H but there are some mixed opinions on it and I wanted to know if I could get anything better. The requirements are atleast 23'' and 1920 x 1080, but Id like it if I could get a 1920 x 1200 res screen and maybe 24''. I would like it to be an IPS monitor aswell, unless the difference between TN and IPS isnt that big in games or I can get a lot better TN for the same money. my budget is around 2250 DKK which is around 380 $ but almost everything is cheaper in USA so... please gief helps

G

I'm in the same situation right now, I'm looking at either the dell U2410, ST2410, or SX2210. The U2410 is IPS, but the other 2 are TN. Not sure that this makes a whole lot of difference...there's a video I found today comparing the differences of IPS and TN, and with the 2 dells he uses in the video, there's really not much of a difference to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw0acUxMaKo