How much should i sell this system on ebay for in £ ?

Black-heart

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
I havent a clue how much to sell this for! I would like to get £250 including the monitor etc?

Socket 478 mobo agp 8x
Pentium 4 2.8ghz
7200rpm 80gb hd
2x 512mb pc 3200 ram
Geforce 6600 256mb
xp home
office 2003

and how much value would these add to it?

17inch Acer monitor
acer 2.0 speakers usb
Optical mouse
Black usb keyboard

Colour Printer (no ink)
Hp Scanner

thanks

patrick

Hmm, how does that compare with the cheapest HP/Acer/Gateway/Dell you can buy at BestBuy/CircuitCity/WalMart or whatever you guys have there?

Here in Canada I can get something nicer for that money, and it would be new and with a warranty. Things may be different in the UK though, I dunno.
I hope you find some idiot to give you $3000 for it :p

Good luck!

Belinda

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
I'd like to say you will be lucky to to get half that amount. But strange things happen with selling second hand Pc's, the times i've seen them sell for close money to a better new PC.
As for how much the other stuff will add, if the monitor is a CRT, probably £10, i've got a few of em including 19". Can't give em away can't throw em away..
Speakers, optical mouse and keyboard a couple of pound each is my guess.
The printer depends on model i'd say, can pick up printers new a little more than the price of the ink carts for cheaper model printers.
Scanners don't go for much either, again no one wants them. How many people have one at the bottom of a cupboard.
Any hardware over like two years old is pretty much hard to get rid of for a decent price from my experience.
Think the best idea is to add "or reasonable offer" if your advertising it in a local paper etc. Opps( just seen selling on ebay. I don't think you will be in for a flood on bidding at £250. I'd go way less, but then again it's how much it's worth to you.)
Anyway best of luck.

Black-heart

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
I'd like to say you will be lucky to to get half that amount. But strange things happen with selling second hand Pc's, the times i've seen them sell for close money to a better new PC.
As for how much the other stuff will add, if the monitor is a CRT, probably £10, i've got a few of em including 19". Can't give em away can't throw em away..
Speakers, optical mouse and keyboard a couple of pound each is my guess.
The printer depends on model i'd say, can pick up printers new a little more than the price of the ink carts for cheaper model printers.
Scanners don't go for much either, again no one wants them. How many people have one at the bottom of a cupboard.
Any hardware over like two years old is pretty much hard to get rid of for a decent price from my experience.
Think the best idea is to add "or reasonable offer" if your advertising it in a local paper etc. Opps( just seen selling on ebay. I don't think you will be in for a flood on bidding at £250. I'd go way less, but then again it's how much it's worth to you.)
Anyway best of luck.

well i could advertise in the paper. What would you say i could get there?

thanks patrick

Fulmar

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
You'll have lots of competition on eBay are guys who buy bulk quantities of refurbished computers and sell them on there. I'd use eBay as a last resort. Open an add in your local paper or craigs list. You may have more luck with people willing to pay more there than the uber lower prices of ebay.

albundy2

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2006
just advertise it locally for what you want. if it doesnt sell, drop the price a little. still doesnt sell? keep dropping the price about once per week till it is too low and you no longer want to sell it. just make sure you use free advertising.

you will not get much no matter what you throw into the offer.

especially with how cheap everything is lately, 2gb ram for 60-80usd, faster than a p4 procs for 60usd, sadly used equipment older than a year or so is really um not worth buying used. like others have said you can buy grocery store pcs new and for the same price almost and get better stuff.
i paid almost the same price 6 months ago for my x2 3800+ that i just paid for my 5600+ and the speed difference was mindblowing between the 2. ddr2 533 was 230usd back then got 800 for 85usd last month.
computers are a loosing investment.

Belinda

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
With it being an LCD it's worth something, thats a good thing going for it.
I think the others who posted are right about ebay prices compared to advertising locally. As for how much you should ask or will get i really don't have much of a clue apart from older PC's usually go for far less than what we wish compare to their age and what was originally paid. That said you hear stories of secondhand PC's getting sold for unreal prices. Most be either luck of finding an "idiot" or being a good sales person.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
if you have some form of a flea market where you can find about two thousand impulse buyers, do that... ( I dunno if there's anyone that compaies to west Virginians over there.. but some of the dumber ones will buy anything that plugs into the wall and makes a whirring noise, hahah!) in american dollars...

personally I wouldn't buy it at all.... but for around 500 bones you can have almost everything you need for a GOOD pc... so yeah, marketing to people that don't even have a pc is best... i wouldn't expect more than 250 dollars out of it (us dollars)

Black-heart

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
Well i talked to one of the guys who owns a local pc shop around us and he said about £100 but i might be able to barter a bit on that. It would be a definate and easy way to sell and would get me a bit of cash for the new build. :D

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
Local is definitely the way to go... and 2 us dollars is equal to 1 pound... so that sounds about right... maybe get him up to 125? and if the prices over there are as good as over here on newegg that would put you a good ways toward a decent build.