New Samsung EX2220X LED monitor

garyhope

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Has anyone seen the new Samsung EX2220X 21.5 inch monitor yet? CostCo has them for about $180 and it's a very nice looking monitor, but the set up at CostCo doesn't allow you to see much on it, just some Windows display software with limited programs on it and too many monitors connected to some kind of splitter etc.

Is there much difference between LED monitors and LCD monitors?

Any comments or has anyone here used one of these yet? What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

garyhope

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006

OK, I took a leap of faith and bought 2 of these at CostCO for $180 a piece + tax. Surprisingly they were cheaper than newegg.com. even with the 8.25% tax here.

So far, they're big and bright and sharp. I haven't finished adjusting various settings yet. I just hooked them up, plugged them in and they worked. They look very large compared to my 19" monitors. I'm making a set up to have them hooked up too for a total of 4 monitors. I use them for stock and currency trading. I'm running them off of a PNY Quadro NVS 440 graphics card which will run 4 monitors from one slot.

More later.

garyhope

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006

Thanks Jag.

I've set them up and have been using them a few days. No dead pixels, bright, clear and sharp so far. The software with it is kind of lame and buggy.

You don't really have to do much to them, just connect them and plug them in and they pretty much work.

garyhope

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
I have "old" eyes too and I have to fiddle with the text size, etc sometimes. But then I always need glasses now for reading anything.

Right now I'm out of town and away from the monitors so I can't comment too much. I do think I need to adjust some of the settings when I get back.