How do I calibrate acer 22 al2216w monitor

memo_54

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
I started using Photoshop Elements 7 but the pictures are too dark to see details of what I am doing. The photos are perfect when I look at them with Irfanview. Someone told me this monitor can't be calibrated. Is this true? Thanks for your help.

Any monitor can be calibrated, however LCD monitors with TN panels are rather difficult to do so because they are all 6-bit monitors meaning they a can only produce 256k true colors. Thru a process called dithering (blending of colors) the remaining 16 million colors can be reproduced; at least according to the manufacturer. For the average user TN panels are good enough. For professional photo work, it's not recommended since colors tend to be inaccurate even after calibration.

You can purchase hardware color calibration (colorimeter) like the inexpensive Spyder 2 for around $70. But colorimeters can cost more than $300; the good ones usually do since they generally create more accurate color profiles.

Go to the following link which helps you manually calibrate your monitor. It's not as accurate as a colorimeter, but it's free and better than nothing:

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

Velocitycurve

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
I have this monitor and its my secondary display for photo editing. Calibrated it quite well with my Spyder3 although it does run a bit bright. For what I paid for it (~$150 @ Costco) I have very few complaints.

G

could you please tell me what your settings are, i have the same monitor and have too little money to invest in a spyder.

Thanks sir :)

TRENDING THREADS