Need Assistance LCD Monitor

nevix13

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
Hello, i have recently been saving up money to buy my self a new computer system. I have all the components chosen and some are already here. But i am stuck at choosing my Monitor. I want a LCD Monitor which is suitable for gaming. Although i don't want a monitor which will cost 3x the amount of the computer. I have done some research and found this monitor to suit me best:

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Home/Product/42418/Samsung-23--Widescreen-P2370-Monitor-DVI---VGA

It's okay in terms of performance as i have read and watched reviews, and it doesn't cost a fortune either. But i have also came across this monitor, which in my opinion is pretty much the same:

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/Home/Product/45990/Samsung-23--monitor-P2370-LCD-Ecofit-Widescreen

If someone could tell me, what is the difference between the two, because i can't figure out why the second monitor costs more.

Also, can someone tell me what key features i should be looking at when looking for a gaming monitor. From what i know, the higher the contrast ratio, and the lower the response time, the better the monitor. But i am not sure if this has anything to do with gaming monitors. And if someone has any other monitor which is around the same price and performs good, then please post here.

My new system:
Asus P5Q Deluxe
Intel Core Quad E8400 2.66GHz (or so)
Corsair 550W PSU
WD 500GB Hard Drive
Corsair DDR2 XMS-8500 4GB RAM
Sapphire Ati Radeon HD5770 Vapor-X

(BTW Do you think this could be considered as a gaming pc?)

For some odd reason, the links will not work for me. In regard to the PC as a whole, if you are going with the LGA 775 socket, you might as well step up to a q9xxx series, especially if you plan to OC it. The q8xxx series chips do not over clock well, so it may be worthwhile to spend a bit more. Maybe take a look at the q9400 (what I have), q9450, q9550, etc...

parabola

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2008
...both monitors you have selected will work just fine. I play Crisis on similar :D ;-)
...your computer specs look good as well :sol: ;-)

nevix13

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
OO thanks budish, someone told me that the 8xxx series overclock good, but i didn't really belive that so i read a few posts and yeh its true. So yeh i might as well just buy the 9xxx series. BTW, how is your cpu working? is it good? does it OC well?

nevix13

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010

Try removing the:

?source=AffiliateFuture

on the end. This should make it work.