Help to choose a new monitor

G

Hi, so I want to buy a second monitor something with specs like this:
16:10 ratio (I think 16:9 is only good for movies and for work and games 16:10 is best),
25'' - 28'' size,
1920x1200 - 2560x1600 resolution (lowest resolution for 25'' 1920 and for 28 2560).
Prefer LED and IPS, but I could not find any IPS monitor that would be in my price range up to 700EUR (850$).

I really like Apple LED Cinema display, but price and lack of ports are a huge deal breaker.

I have found couple other monitors from samsung and dell that suit me, but they all were 16:9. Anyone can suggest a good 16:10 monitor?

There's nothing real special about LED backlight other than they use less energy than traditional CCFL backlight (florescent). Monitors built using LEDs can also be thinner but only when using "edge lighting" (don't know of any which issues a full LED array) and can potentially have more uniform backlighting issues than CCFL backlit monitors.

Sorry, but I don't know of any IPS monitor in that size range and budget sold in the EC.

rofl_my_waffle

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
You should try out the 30" screen from Dell. It seriously need some LED. I would buy one right now if it has LED and doesn't cost $3000 like the NEC.

Basically it eats 140W of electricity and converts that to heat. Unlike my tower which eats more, I don't have to bask in its glory. It actually feels warm to the face when looking at it. Needs more LEDs, then it would use something trivial like 25W and feel cold to the touch.

G

Yeah, I know that LED in nothing special for quality (maybe a bit better colors), its more for power usage and heat.

And i don't really want 30'', it's a bit too big for me.

Is there at all any good quality, high resolution, 16:10 ±26'' LCD monitor with at least 3 input ports?

If no, I guess I'll have to wait couple year more for perfect solution for me.