17 inch crt monitor's doesnt show resolution greater than 800x600

monitor_problems

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2010
earlier the monitor had the problems of green and pink colour screen...i got it repaired by a mechanic..the problem got solved but resolution was changed it now became 800x600..when i try to set it again on 1024x768 it doesnt work...the screen goes beyond the boundaries and i have tried everything like horizontal center settings and vertical center setting...the mechanic told me that there was a chip inside the monitor it got burnt so the monitor's 1024x768 resolution could never be retained...
please help..if it could be corrected in anyway..
thanks in advance

G

Sorry to be downer but if it's a CRT it's virtually worthless and I'm surprised you would pay a tech to fix it (which he doesn't seem to have done, really).

I'd go off and buy a 17 flatscreen -- it's have a larger effective screen area than the CRT -- or go for something bigger -- they're cheap.

khubani

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
I'm going to take a shot in the dark here, but try making sure the VGA cables to the monitor and PC are pushed in tightly. Secondly, try downloading video drivers for your card and keeping them up to date. That usually provides more resolutions and scales the images out for the monitor regardless of how bad it may look. Hope this helps.