What is the BEST color temp setting for a PC Monitor (LCD).

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
I have a Viewsonic vx2433wm and i was wondering what the BEST Color temp setting is:

sRBG

Just curious because i had it set to 9300K because i liked the blue tint, but what is the most accurate? All the others look WRONG, prolly because im used to the 9300K... I want my pictures to look as acurate as possible, but i cant see the difference because im swayed by the fact that I like the 9300K because im used to it. :pt1cable:

THANKS! :lol:

Generally speaking sRGB will give you the most accurate colors, however, you still need to calibrate your monitor to get the most accurate colors possible. Purchasing a colorimeter would be a good idea if you really want accurate colors. Generally speaking, the more expensive the colorimeter, the more likely your monitor will be optimized.

The "poor man's" way to calibrate your monitor is to go to the following site:

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

darthlaidher

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
if you use windows 7, it comes with a color caliberation program. i dunno how accurant it is but when i used it, it seemed to improve my colors. before i used it i had a slight red tint i didnt notice till i used the caliberation program.