Soyo Topaz S monitor OSD issue

puccio

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
Hey everyone

Recently my Soyo Topaz S 24 inch LCD has developed the wonderful issue of displaying my brightness setting. It is acting as if I am pressing the buttons on the side of the monitor, when clearly I am not.

If by some miracle I am able to press the buttons on the side and get them under my control, say the press the general setup button, I am not able to select anything because the monitor is acting as if I am holding down of the +/- buttons. Now sometimes it stops. For example, as I am typing this message, the brightness was showing on my monitor, half though it left, but now it is back.

I am somewhat flustered and perplexed by this situation. You can only imagine how annoying it is to have a small little box pop up in the center of a 24 inch monitor every few minutes and not be certain when it is going away.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening or how to fix it? I'm about ready to just open the monitor and sever the wires to those buttons. But I have a feeling that would cause more harm than good.

puccio

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
What I ultimately discovered was that one of the buttons was acting as if it was being constantly pressed. I noticed if I massaged the button, it seemed to relieve the pressure and stress from the button and it would stop after a while. Unforunately this was only a minor and very temporary fix.

What I ultimately did to fix the issue was take the button of a small screw driver and pound on the button a few times. Haven't seen the message sense. It was a crude, and barbaric method, but worked.