Good_PSU_unit_for_under_£25_and_CPU_fan_Help

Hi could someone recommend me a quiet 300-350watt PSU unit for under
£25 as mine is doing my head in now something that is under 20dba
would be nice.

Also a good heat since my AMD Athlon 2400+ for under £10 as my
computer makes so much noise and I think is over heating as the CPU is
always around 45-55degrees and would this slow my system down I have
noticed it now starts to jump sometimes when im moving the mouse or
playing music.

Thanks

neworder7@hotmail.com

A good power supply is defined starting with its
specifications. Just a short list of specs that any minimally
acceptable supply claims; in writing. £25 power supplies
forget to provide specs since many of these essential
functions as missing:
Specification compliance: ATX 2.03 & ATX12V v1.1
Acoustics noise 25.8dBA typical at 70w, 30cm
Short circuit protection on all outputs
Over voltage protection
Over power protection
PFC harmonics compliance: EN61000-3-2 + A1 + A2
EMI/RFI compliance: CE, CISPR22 & FCC part 15 class B
Safety compliance: VDE, TUV, D, N, S, Fi, UL, C-UL & CB
Hold up time, full load: 16ms. typical
Dielectric withstand, input to frame/ground: 1800VAC, 1sec.
Dielectric withstand, input to output: 1800VAC, 1sec.
Ripple/noise: 1%
MTBF, full load @ 25°C amb.: >100k hrs

Same applies for heatsinks. Inferior heatsinks avoid the
numbers. They are not marketing to informed consumers. They
are marketing to bean counter types who always buy on price.
The most critical parameter in a CPU heatsink assembly is
'degrees C per watt'. If the manufacturer does not clearly
state that number, well, you can assume why and would probably
be quite accurate. No numbers? Expect the worst; a product
intended for bean counters who somehow know they are experts -
specifications be damned.

neworder7@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi could someone recommend me a quiet 300-350watt PSU unit for under
> £25 as mine is doing my head in now something that is under 20dba
> would be nice.
>
> Also a good heat since my AMD Athlon 2400+ for under £10 as my
> computer makes so much noise and I think is over heating as the CPU is
> always around 45-55degrees and would this slow my system down I have
> noticed it now starts to jump sometimes when im moving the mouse or
> playing music.

In article <1125357497.969992.308560@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
says...
> Hi could someone recommend me a quiet 300-350watt PSU unit for under
> £25 as mine is doing my head in now something that is under 20dba
> would be nice.

There is no such thing as a good PSU under £25.

> Also a good heat since my AMD Athlon 2400+ for under £10 as my
> computer makes so much noise and I think is over heating as the CPU is
> always around 45-55degrees and would this slow my system down I have
> noticed it now starts to jump sometimes when im moving the mouse or
> playing music.

There is no such thing as a good heatsink for under £10.

--
Conor

"You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.

<neworder7@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi could someone recommend me a quiet 300-350watt PSU unit for under
£25 as mine is doing my head in now something that is under 20dba
would be nice.

Also a good heat since my AMD Athlon 2400+ for under £10 as my
computer makes so much noise and I think is over heating as the CPU is
always around 45-55degrees and would this slow my system down I have
noticed it now starts to jump sometimes when im moving the mouse or
playing music.

CPU temp of 45-55 C will not cause any performance issue. These temps are
well within the 'good' range.

Thanks

neworder7@hotmail.com