Best $30 / £15 Speakers?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

Any thoughts? Just a pair without a sub-woofer. Sound most important, looks
secondary.

Thanks,

Fred.

"Fred Finisterre" <finisterre@gmail.com> wrote:

>Any thoughts? Just a pair without a sub-woofer. Sound most important,
looks
>secondary.

If sound is important, get the sub-woofer. It adds realism to many
ordinary sounds (for example, a door opening and closing).

"John Doe" <jdoe@usenet.is.the.real.thing> wrote in message
> If sound is important, get the sub-woofer. It adds realism to many
> ordinary sounds (for example, a door opening and closing).

A decent subwoofer costs quite a bit.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt (More info?)

If it's any help the Creative Labs Inspire P380 2.1 Speakers-With Wired
Remote-Total 29w RMS are on ebuyer site.
for £24.35 or £28.62 inc VAT
above budget but great 2.1 system

"tHatDudeUK" <thatdudeuk.spammersareevil.@rapidplay.com> wrote:
>"John Doe" <jdoe@usenet.is.the.real.thing> wrote in message

>> If sound is important, get the sub-woofer. It adds realism to many
>> ordinary sounds (for example, a door opening and closing).
>
>A decent subwoofer costs quite a bit.

Yes, I know, your boombox is the best.

A decent sound requires some bass, and two bass speakers are more
expensive than one. I have a feeling that manufacturers combine the
amplifier and a single bass speaker for purposes of efficiency. Doing
so makes sense designwise IMO for lots of reasons.