BenQ M2200HD Installing Webcam FAILED..

Nattefrost

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
Hello chiefs!! I brought today the New BenQ M2200HD, after installing the monitor (just the monitor) i plugged in the webcam, and the USB LCD to PC, installed the 2 programs that come with the CD "ArcSoft WebCam Companion 2" and "ArcSoft Magic-i Visual Effects" so say in the manual of the LCD, that i need that 2 programs in order to have the webcam working. BUT nothing.. when i try to start the webcam saiz that the cam its not connected or its used by another program .. so I go to device manager and i see that the camera its showen at "Imaging Devices" with the "!!!!!!" before it "!!!! USB Video Device" .. so i searched on the freaking CDs that came with the Monitor but NO drivers for the webcam .. now that normal?? how can i install that webcam??

anyone had buyd the same monitor and had the same issues? and fix them..how? it will be very apprecied !! thanks! Alex

arkanoid

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009

I was about to buy this monitor because it's one of the few existing models with a white frame. But now, due to your message, I'm not so convinced.

Aside this serious camera problem which I hope you'll be able to solve, I'd like to ask some questions about your display.

1 Is the webcam removable?

2 The speakers input is the one visible on the left side of the screen?

3 The other two left side connections are usb?

4 What do you think about the colors fidelity and the refresh rate?

5 Can you point out other flaws or things you just dislike while using the monitor?

TomLee48594

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
hey umm i jst had a the same problem and all u have to do is put the black usb cable thing into the monitor and the comp! Its so simple!!!

G

Hey, I have the same monitor, but I had no problems with it, it's a cool stuff, with great picture. You just have to plug in the USB-cable into the monitor and into the PC.

To Arkanoid:

1. The webcam is removable.

2. The speakers input is next to the monitor input in the back.

3. On the left side you have two USB ports and a plug for headphones.

And I'm really pleased with it :eek:)