Sign in with
Your question

Dual Monitor With One Flipped 90°

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 23, 2009 5:42:32 AM

This is a little hard to explain, but this is what I'm trying to do...

I want to make a dual monitor setup. The first monitor will be you're average wide screen LCD, probably 23'' or 24''. The second will be another wide screen, but it will be flipped 90° such as to be a more natural web page viewer. The size of this one is what I'm having trouble with. For aesthetic purposes, I'd like the monitors to align evenly across the top. For this to happen the height of the first monitor must be approximately equal to the width of the second. This will achieve something that looks like this...

*each box representing a monitor

My problem is I can't find the measurements of the screen by itself, that is without the stand. As I said before I need the height of the first monitor to approximately equal the width of the second, but It's hard to compare when all the height dimensions I get include the stand. My plan was for the first monitor to be 24'' and the second to be 17'', but as I said, I'm not sure how close these dimensions would be without measuring them for myself. Has anybody ever done this before or know how this could be accomplished?

More about : dual monitor flipped

July 17, 2009 7:32:10 PM

On most websites, monitor width, height and depth are often listed. You can match up your dimensions from those numbers.
!