Alternate to Dell's UltraSharp 2408WFP 24-inch LCD monitor

velocci

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
hi all, i'm looking to replace my 17" CRT monitor and i heard they now have LCD monitors. :sarcastic:
i really like the Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP 24-inch monitor cause it has all sorts of ports like VGA (Analog), DVI-D (Digital) with HDCP, S-Video, Composite, Component, HDMI, DisplayPort, USB ports on the side, and it is height adjustable, can swivel, tilt and can be viewed sideways (portrait). but this puppy is $700 Canadian. it is highly regarded in tech reviews such as one on this site. Does anyone know of any other 24" monitor that is this good and versatile? if not, any monitor that comes close?

thanks.

Honestly, you aren't going to get anything comparable for much less, partially because the Ultrasharp uses an S-PVA panel, far superior to the cheaper TN technology used on most displays. However, if you watch Dell's website, the Ultrasharp often goes on sale fairly significantly - I have one, and I got it for around $480, nearly $200 off.

velocci

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005

how do you like it? and how is it with games?

velocci

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005

reviews say this monitor has a lag when playing games and its not a good monitor for gamers. how do you find this monitor with games?

I don't see any problem - no real noticeable lag. I have the A01 revision though, and many of the reviews were of the A00 revision, so that may be the difference. Also, I've heard that if you do notice lag, that if you swap inputs to the HDMI in instead of DVI, it'll get rid of the lag.

velocci

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005

where is your video comming from when using HDMI?

Tyor

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2008
Have you tried using the component inputs yet? What about the input lag I have been reading about on other boards, do you notice it? Do you have the A01 revision?

I am just curious, as I want to find a good gaming monitor with component input for my Xbox 360 and PS2.

Mine is A01, and I haven't tried the component in - I don't have any component video source. I've used both DVI inputs and the HDMI, as well as the VGA and the S-Video without any trouble, so I doubt it would have a problem with component. As for the lag, I haven't noticed it, but as I said, mine is the A01. It may have been worse on the A00. Honestly, I would highly recommend this monitor - it's a great choice.

TRENDING THREADS