ViewSonic- Blurry corners and center

shadowed

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
I have a ViewSonic A91f+ 19" CRT. I noticed popup windows in the center of the screen have blurry text. I moved the popup window around to different positions on the screen and the text becomes clearer. Upon closer inspection, the 4 corners are also blurry.
Does anybody have any ideas how to adjust the focus for these ?
I have tried the front monitor buttons but there is not any focus settings in there.
Is this a common problem with CRTs ?.
This monitor is about two and a half years old now.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Sciberpunkt

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006
In my (limited) experience, focus adjustment compensates for curvature of the CRT surface and setting it means finding the setting that makes the center and corners of the screen equally sharp. It's a happy medium between a sharp screen center and blurry corners or sharp corners and a blurry center. Sounds like your monitor is set as optimally as it can be.

palatine

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
Just thought that I would post this here for the benefit of search engines. When I recently moved to a new machine but kept the same 19" Envision CRT, I noticed the same symptoms of blurry text in the center. I checked the display adapter settings, and the new system (NVidia 8500 GT) had defaulted to 60 Hz refresh rate. I set it back to the 75 Hz that my previous ATi card was using for years. Bingo! Man, what a difference. All blurriness gone, sharp as a tack.

I don't know if this will resolve issues for everyone experiencing this problem. Probably not, if the issue is truly hardware-related. But, it doesn't take long to check, and the improvement is definitely worth the time!

cheers,
scott

TRENDING THREADS