A good 26" monitor

Mundus33

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
I really like the T260HD but the main problem is it doesn't have many adjustment options and I would at least like a height adjustment option although having other options would be nice. Anyway is there a monitor that is pretty much the same with height adjustments or is there a way to add something to the T260HD to give it these properties. Thanks for all your help.

BTW I don't have the T260HD I was just considering buying it so if you know of any better monitors feel free to say something :D

edit: budget is 600-700 at most.

Mundus33

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
thanks that looks like what I am going to get since it has everything I want and got some excellent reviews. I doubt I will get a 26" that good in my price range since it would be more like 1500 or more to get a 26 with all those options so I will stick with 24. thanks for pointing it out.

If you are referring to the NEC LCD2690WUXi, then the price it about $1,350 before shipping and taxes.

If spending $899 is more to your liking then you may want to consider the Planar PX2611W which uses the same H-IPS panel as the NEC. The price difference is mostly due to the extra electronics that is in the NEC to improve image quality and color accuracy.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824016084

If you want to connect a game console to the Planar then you will most likely have color banding issues when playing in 1080i mode. Watching movies in this mode does not experience this issue. The NEC does not suffer this defect due to the addition of a more advance signal processing electronics. I don't know if Planar has fixed this issue. If console gaming is not important, then this is a non-issue 'cause it doesn't happen when gaming on the PC.

If you are daring and willing to take a risk you can buy an open box version (owner returned it for whatever reason) for $680 (saving $219). If interested find out how long of a warranty Planar will offer on this product. Newegg will only offer a 15 day return policy, and you will most likely have to pay a 15% - 20% restocking fee. Not worth the headaches in my opinion.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824016084R