A monitor that will be easy on my eyes,

shalti

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
Hello,

I'm interested in buying a 16:9 LCD monitor at around 250$.

Since I'll be using the monitor mainly for graphic design, I'm going to concentrate on it for hours, so the most important thing for me is that the monitor won't strain my eyes, will be comfortable to look at and will have accurate colors.

I found the following monitors:

LG W2242T - a 22" monitor at a reasonable price. What deters me about this monitor is that I'm afraid it will hurt my eyes (I saw a review saying it's a bit too bright) and that maybe it's a little too big for me (22") since I sit kinda close to the monitor, but I don't really know if it's actually good or bad to the eyes.

Samsung 953BW - a 19" monitor with great reviews. I really would like to think this monitor won't strain my eyes although I don't know. It's a little more expensive than the LG monitor.

I would be happy to hear your opinion on which monitor should I choose, or if you have another suggestion in my budget range that would be great.

Thank you! :)

How serious are you about "accurate colors"? 'Cause at your price point you will be buying an LCD monitor with a TN panel.

Here's one of my posts from another thread:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/53905-3-l222ws-refresh-rate-60hz

Also...