Looking to buy a larger monitor, maybe 24" or 27"

i_hate_flying

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2006
Hi, I've got a 20.1" Dell 2005FPW that I bought in 2005 and now I'm looking to get something bigger. I'm interested in either the 24" Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP or the 27" Dell UltraSharp 2707WFP. The problem, however, is that I'm a little unsure of the size. This 20.1" has been fine for me, and I could have never asked for a better monitor. Unfortunately, I watch a lot of films and shows on this thing, which leaves a little something to be desired from a distance. I'm looking for a larger monitor that I'll be able to use comfortably both for day-to-day stuff/games and for watching films/shows. I'm wondering if the 27" would be comfortable to use for the day-to-day stuff? Would I have to rearrange my desk and maybe sit further back to be able to take in the entire screen?

What I'd really like to see, though, are some photos comparing the size of these monitors to something I can relate to. It's a little annoying to go to the Dell website and look at the monitors because I seriously cannot see how large they are. Anyone know of some photographs online that show a 20.1" LCD monitor next to a 27" one? That would hit the spot!

Sorry if this question sounds strange. I like to plan everything out before I make any purchases. Also, there are no electronics shops where I live, and I've never seen a monitor larger than a 20"-er on display! :(