Samsung 226BW too bright

monsoon

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
I just purchased a Samsung 226BW this past weekend and I have to say I love the picture quality for the most part.

I have it running on the native resolution, and connected via the DVI port. I've run all the calibration tools that came with the monitor and even the nvidia control panel.

During the daytime when there is a lot of light in the room, the monitor and it's brightness is perfect. However in the evening when the house lights come on, the monitor appears to be too bright. The lights in my room aren't dim or anything and I'd say they're normal in terms of intensity.

I have the monitor brightness pretty much close to 0, and the brightness in the nvidia control panel at 0 yet it still appears to be too bright. Pages with any white on them can't be looked at for too long without causing eye strain.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how I might go about lowering the brightness even more?
Are there any tools or utilities that would help me out?
Thanks

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
My LG monitor has a preset for night movie, pictures and text as well as day movie, picture and text.

Check your monitor settings it might have that capability as well. But if not.

ATITool ver 0.26 - http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

" Full support for all ATI and NVIDIA cards. Only X1950 Pro overclocking is not supported. "

Use the Gamma Control to save Settings.

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how I might go about lowering the brightness even more?
Are there any tools or utilities that would help me out?
Thanks
I just bought a 245BW and I noticed that the calibration tools that come with it have the options for a day / night or different lighting modes. You can even create profiles for each mode for fast switching. Now, I'm not sure if the 226BW comes with the same tools, but it may be worth exploring the driver CD to check and see if they did include them.

*edit*You can also check the Samsung site and see if they have anything available for download.