Dell 2407WFPHC Versus 2407WFP?

endoftheline

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2007
I'm going to buy a Dell 2407WFP monitor, but I need to know how the 2407WFPHC is different. Its like $20 more in price, anyone know what the difference is?

The difference between the two is that the Dell 2407WFP-HC's monitor supports widecolor gamut of 92% compared to 72% of most typical LCD monitors, including the older 2407WFP.

92% color gamut offers "truer color", but it may look weird to people who are used to seeing 72% color gamut. The wide color gamut were originally for professional level LCDs for graphic artist, but the technology has finally started to filter down into the consumer market level.

Click the following link for some screen shots the shows the difference between the two monitors.

http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=162570

Oh, the difference is only $10.

Quatre

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
so is the Dell 2407WFPHC a good upgrade to a 20" Apple cinema display (the older clear and white version not the newer silver)

is this Dell good for games and other normal pc use?

i like the thin bezel to take up minimal space and for possible future dual monitor use.

I'm not a big fan of Dell and they dont have much style especially compared to the apple cinema display but i think the looks are decent enough and the thin bezel is great like i said and it looks like it may be a shiny piano black like samsung uses for tvs.

i'd prefer, clear, white and/or silver but black is fine and bezel and footprint and quality of the picture is much more important.

anything else to compare with this?

i think i'll wait till it comes down to $500, shouldn't be too long as its about the mid 500's now.

technoshroom

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2005
The 2407WFP has been discontinued and is no longer available from Dell.

If you do a lot of graphics/design for the web this is not the monitor for you (2407WFP-HC). For strictly color managed work it calibrates well and would do a good job. It's also good for movies and games.