ViewSonic X Series 22" Widescreen LCD any good for gaming?

Can someone please give me an expert opinion and some insight on the following 22" Viewsonic monitor?

ViewSonic X Series VX2255wmb
Glossy Black 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor w/Webcam
280 cd/m2 700:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

Original Price: $369.99
You Save: $20.00
$349.99
($319.99 after $30.00 Mail-In Rebate)
3 Business Day Shipping $15.76
(Not available in HI, AK and PR)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116078

This monitor is going to be on sale at Costco for ~$260 in a few weeks and i am considering it.

I currently have a very nice Viewsonic G90fb 19" CRT. I might try to sell it to a friend to help pay for the new widescreen Viewsonic.

Widescreen 22" viewing for Neverwinter Nights 2 sounds very nice.

Talk me into it or talk me out of it.
4 answers Last reply
More about viewsonic series widescreen lcd good gaming
  1. This monitor is now on sale at Costco for $260.00 plus tax with a coupon, but for this week only.
  2. Going from a high quality CRT to an LCD is always a painful experience...
  3. Well, the sale at costco is over now, but I got the monitor and it's pretty nice. I played battlefield 2 and world of warcraft on it. It's nice and clean. Just have a grx card which can support the recommended res. Also, the mic is quite strong and picks up voice good.
  4. i've recently purchased the same kind of viewsonic monitor with the built in webcam, and i've gotta say, its really bright and clean. the only problem i have with it is that the webcam doesnt work. when i open the webcam, it keeps on telling me to open the camera, and i have no idea what that is. if anyone knows how to work the webcam, can you please reply back to me as soon as possible?
Ask a new question

Read More

Flat Panel Monitors Viewsonic Gaming Monitors Peripherals Product