Have I recieved the 2407WFP-HC or not?!

Shadowness

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
I have just (literally!) recieved a Dell 2407WFP monitor, and I am unsure if it is the new HC version! The sales rep was adement that is is the new version, despite several reasons I can see that it's the standard version.

1) It doesn't say 2407WFP-HC anywhere on the box or paperwork!
2) On the back, it says it's revision number 'A04'
(correct me if im wrong, but itsnt that the latest revision number of the 2407WFP. I was expecting this to be revision A00)

How can I confirm that I have infact got the HC version? Obviously, plugging it in a seeing what the image quality is like won;t help me. It might be great, but the HC version is meant to be a lot better!

Revision number 'A04' is the 5th version of the older 2407WFP monitor which means they definitely did not send you the 2407WFP-HC.

Based on my experience with the Dell 1907FP, as soon as you enter the OSD menu, it states that the monitor is a 1907FP. Therefore, when you enter the OSD menu it should state the monitor as the 2407WFP-HC.

Call up Dell again and tell them they sent you the old monitor and you wanrt a replacement immediately. Ask to speak to a manger if necessary.

If Dell is uncooperative, then simply state that you will be contacting your credit card company and report to them that you are a victim of a sales fraud and you want the charge reversed.

I just want to follow up on this matter.

I have found some links that has pictures of the Dell 2407WFP-HC so you can use them to verify that you have the correct monitor.

Here's the first link:

http://forum.pcdvd.com.tw/showthread.php?t=728262

Notice that the box itself clearly has "2407WFP-HC" printed on it.

Scroll down to the 12th picture which shows the sticker on the back of the monitor. It is listed as 2407WFPb. I would naturally assume that the older 2407WFP would be listed as "2407WFPa" or simply "2407WFP".

Here's another link which clearly shows that the OSD of the 2407WFP-HC will state "2407WFP-HC".

http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=162570