Best LCD TFT/TN Monitor

So I've been feverishly reading monitor reviews over the past few hours, hoping to find a monitor with no major issues. So far, no luck. Its always something, response time is too high, backlight bleeding, etc etc.

I'm looking to replace my NEC Multisync FE991SB which has served me well for the past 3 years but I feel that its time for an upgrade. Price isn't really an issue at the moment but I'd like to keep it under $1,500. Any help towards picking one out would be greatly appreciated. :P
5 answers Last reply
More about lcd tft monitor
  1. I would be totally thrilled with a Dell 2407 for around $650 US which has better timings and colour than my 2405 which I highly recommend . . .
    But if I upgraded and had that much to spend, I would get Dells 27" and have change left over... Similar specs just a larger pixel size which makes image larger, along with easier to read text...
  2. Best for image editing (colors stay the same across the entire screen): IPS (and maybe AMVA?)
    Best for games (heavy motion): a panel with BFI; all other screens even with the fastest response times will show blur due to the way your eye perceives images; however, BFI introduces flicker to LCD monitors.
    Glossy vs matte finish: the matte finish will have reduced glare, but the glossy finish has much richer colors and doesn't have a speckled/dusty look for solid colors.

Basically, go for an IPS panel with a good response time.
  3. I forgot to add that this would be primarily used for gaming. I'm getting the feeling that there really is no LCD monitor on the market that is going to be better than the CRT I'm using now. I'd hate to drop the cash on a new monitor and be disappointed when it doesn't perform as well as its predecessor.
  4. Quote:
    I forgot to add that this would be primarily used for gaming. I'm getting the feeling that there really is no LCD monitor on the market that is going to be better than the CRT I'm using now. I'd hate to drop the cash on a new monitor and be disappointed when it doesn't perform as well as its predecessor.

You can say that again! Nothing beats a good CRT. LCDs have lower resolutions, refresh rates, worse colour reproduction (red that is solid instead of vivid, yellowish white, greyish black etc) and latency, which is non existent in CRTs. I would stick with the old one or buy a new CRT if I were you.
  5. Suit yourself... I can not be more pleased going from a proline 21" CRT to a 24" widescreen LCD that I would dread teh CRT if forced back to it... :roll:
Ask a new question

Read More

Flat Panel Monitors Reviews LCD Monitors Peripherals