Can anybody help me decide on which LCD I should buy?

tearsofglass88

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
Okay I think I've narrowed it down to two monitors. The NEC MultiSync 20WMGX2 20" or the Dell 2407WFP 24". I already know that both monitors use different panels. My main use will be for pretty much everything, gaming, digital art/photography, movies etc. I've seen the NEC in action at a store and I have to say it looks great, with the glossy coating, and I love the colors this thing outputs. However I was wondering what people think of the Dell 24". Also how do the other inputs compare between the two. (Composite/component inputs). It would be helpful if I could get some feedback on both monitors before I spend $550+ on a monitor. Does anybody have any specific links to any threads with these two monitors in discussion? Also does anybody see drop in the LCD prices in the near future with OLED, etc technology coming out?

RichPLS

Champion
I love the Dell 2407 LCD, it has alot of inputs, but all I need is the DVI for my X1800XT video card. It is by far the best monitor, imo, bested only by Dell's 27" which for me would be the ultimate display.