Why do people hate Dell Monitors?

the_vorlon

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
I have a question.

I have two Dell 2407FPW monitors on my main computer that I use to write code, and they look fine to me, I've never had any issues with them, and I don't seem to have any eye strain issues even after very long days.

They were also an excellent price - I paid $Cad 550.00 each (plus taxes) for them, so with taxes, eco taxes, etc is was about $1200 for the pair.

Yet everybody seems to always look down on Dell Monitors. What am I missing?

I don't play many games, and when I do it's usually SimCity, so maybe I just don't see the flaws..

So what are the flaws, and what's wrong with these panels?

Thanks!

I own two Dell monitors as well, a 17'' and a 32'' HDTV, and have no problems with either of them while playing games or watching videos. The biggest complaints people have with Dell monitors is either dead pixels or what is called ghosting with fast moving images. Again I haven't noticed this problem with either so, your guess is as good as mine.

Yes the 32'' does and is doubling as a monitor for my comp.

Tyhr

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
People don't necessarily hate Dells, it's just that you never know what you are buying when you buy a Dell. They switch their panels all the time without notice.

It's called the Dell Lottery. Sometimes you get the good panel, sometimes you get the bad. Same price. :) Although typically, reviewers seem to magically get the good panel, then Dell switches to save money. :(

TRENDING THREADS