Viewsonic VP930 anoying bright corners

xpereta

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
I've had this Viewsonic VP930 and I'm quite satisfied with it. However, there is something that bothers me.

All four corners are significantly brighter than the rest of the screen. The effect is more noticeable when the room is darker and is visible in any color combination. When seing a dark picture it's very anoying.

Reading the review here at Tom's I was led (fooled?) to believe that this is one of the best monitors in terms of colour uniformity. Certainly it's not the quality I expected of a monitor in this price range.

Is there any way I can adjust the brightness of the backlight of this LCD panel?

Arucard

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I think you'll find the backlight bleeding is a common problem with Viewsonics, and is particularly bad with the VP930, with some users saying it bleeds so far in it looks like an 'X' running through the screen. I have a VP2030b myself, and it has the same kind of bleeding, though not to nearly as bad an extent, and honestly, I don't think it's a problem once there's colour on the screen. Is it an issue when you're playing games, or on the desktop, or is it just something annoying you notice when the screen is blank?