Gaming: Dell 30" LCD vs Apple 30" LCD

Craig234

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
Which is better between these two monitors, which seem somewhat similar and well-reviewed?

How is a 30" for gaming - wonderful or too much compared to, say 24"?

One other factor: Are monitors now evolving at a rate where the quality and price will get better fast enough that $2000+ is soon obsolete?

don't know whichis better but if the stand on the apple is the same as their 23" steer clear. it is shockingly bad unlike the dell stand on my 24" which is great. when you come to adjust the apple and you only have a little tilt you'll regret buying it. oh and what gfx card are you going to be using because that both have really high res's which will kill most systems.

Craig234

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
I hadn't decided on a card - the technology changes so fast I was deciding whether to wait for newer cards, or go cheaper so that it's more justified to upgrade sooner - but was considering a 7900 GT which ison sale through today (no pressure) for $270.

Not sure how much of a card is needed for these monitors.

it depends on what games you play. i play dod:s and cs:s and with hdr on i get about 40-60 fps on maps. the other things is that alot of games don't always work with widescreen natively and if you stretch them it may be noticable. i ain't used the 30" monitor so it might be fine, it is on mine.

Craig234

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
I hear nice things about the 2405, but saw a message board post that the 30" Dell is available for a few days now through Widro for $1549, hmm:)

tmac

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2004
:cry: Is there anyone with a 30 inch Dell monitor? Is the monitor itself
fast enough to play games at high res?

I'm considering getting it myself. Waiting on the conroe extreme.