trouble with Sony HS95P too much ghosting!!

DoomSword

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2005
I bought this monitor less than a month ago but had yet to try any games. Although I was quite pleased with the colors and general static graphics, the time came to install a game (Fahrenheit a.k.a. Indigo Prophecy) and check out how it handles the graphics.

Well to say I was disappointed is an understatement... this monitor is supposed to have 12ms response time and all the reviews I've read are raving over how great it is and how fast it is etc... so I was puzzled when I saw that in 1st person mode the image blurred into a fuzz every time I moved around the mouse... needless to say fast games are next to unplayable I guess... then I noticed the same thing on DVD playing.. objects or people would leave a small ghost behind them during sudden movements...

this is all very stressing as I shelled out 600 euros for this thing and I expected it to perform as described... does anyone know about this or have this monitor? is this a defect of my panel or it is a known problem of this model??

I'd apreciate your help!

ashkon52

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2005
Your not alone
I remember many uk customers rallied on another forum about how disgusted they were with the lcd. I was shocked because I was just about to buy one. They look gorgeous! I was very annoyed because Sony advertised the screen as a gaming screen. They argued their case but I dont think anything was resolved. Just unhappy customers.
(Overclockers UK forum). You can check in the monitor section and badass sticky on LCD screens. It gives a summary of all screens. That model was pretty much the only one that was 100% bagged on! What amazes me is that so many review sites at first proclaimed it to be a wonderful gaming lcd.

I saw it at a retail store the other day. It was so gorgeous I was about to buy it. Hoping the consensus was wrong. But I ran out (clutching my wallet) and from the sounds of your complaint I thank god I did.

DoomSword

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2005
thanks for the tip, for some reason OCUK keeps deleting my account.... I don't even get the chance to post or anything...