Planar PL1700M-BK LCD - 17inch review

Hi folks,

I am looking for a reasonably priced LCD Flat Panel monitor that will be used for gaming ( not extreme gaming ) like with strategy games and action shooters.

I play American Conquest, Rise of Nations and Call of Duty.

I have had great experiences with Planar and was wondering if anybody thinks the PL1700M-BK monitor would be a good choice ? It currently sells for 300.00 USD.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks - jg1234
1 answer Last reply
More about planar pl1700m lcd 17inch review
  1. Don't know what your budget is but there are some 'reasonably priced' and very fast 19" LCD panels out there now. I mention this because I migrated from 17 to 19 recently and the difference in real estate contributes to a enhanced gameing experience. I play some FPS but more EQ and WoW which are not so frame intensive. I have a Hyundai L90D+ (which has a thread in this forum) which can be bought for between 380 - 410. But there are gobs of good panels coming out that are just as good. There is a lot of personal preference involved here too.
    Never saw the Planar but they seem to have a loyal following. I posted some monitor review links in other threads in this forum. Most have prices too. If you can't find that info let me know and I will repost here.
    Good luck.
Ask a new question

Read More

Flat Panel Monitors Gaming LCD Monitors Peripherals Product