What camera? £100 - £200

I dare say that this has been asked a million times before, however it's my
turn now ;-)

What digital camera/s are highly recommended for approx £100 to £200 please?
I guess I need a high pixel count, plus movie mode, (with sound) would be
useful,

Thanks,

Troy
15 answers Last reply
More about camera 100 200

    Best of luck for that money.

    What is a #?

    Troy wrote:
    > I dare say that this has been asked a million times before, however it's my
    > turn now ;-)
    >
    > What digital camera/s are highly recommended for approx £100 to £200 please?
    > I guess I need a high pixel count, plus movie mode, (with sound) would be
    > useful,
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Troy

    According to Jan 05 edition of Digital Camera Magazine:

    Ricoh Caplio R1, 4Mp, 4.8 X optical zoom, movie with sound (I've got one
    of these, fantastic P&S camera)

    Pentax Optio 33WR, 3.2Mp, 2.8 X optical zoom

    Pentax Optio S30, 3.2Mp, 3X optical zoom

    Canon Digital Ixus i, 4Mp, no optical zoom

    Panasonic Lumix LC70, 4.2Mp, 3X optical zoom

    HP Photosmart R707, 5.3Mp, 3X optical zoom

    I dare say other readers will have an opinion on these.

    Tony M

    I guess this is down to the newsreader & ascii set you have installed. I put
    in the UK pound symbol, but on your PC it has interpreted it as #

    Cheers,

    Troy

    "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
    > Best of luck for that money.
    >
    > What is a #?
    >
    > "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    >> I dare say that this has been asked a million times before, however it's
    > my
    >> turn now ;-)
    >>
    >> What digital camera/s are highly recommended for approx #100 to #200
    > please?
    >> I guess I need a high pixel count, plus movie mode, (with sound) would be
    >> useful,
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Troy

    Very strange. Others have used the Brit Pound "£" symbol and I see it quite
    often in posts. That is why I asked. It came through different.

    What do you see when I type this?
    "££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££"

    > I guess this is down to the newsreader & ascii set you have installed. I
    put
    > in the UK pound symbol, but on your PC it has interpreted it as #
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Troy
    >
    > "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
    > > Best of luck for that money.
    > >
    > > What is a #?
    > >
    > > "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > >> I dare say that this has been asked a million times before, however
    it's
    > > my
    > >> turn now ;-)
    > >>
    > >> What digital camera/s are highly recommended for approx #100 to #200
    > > please?
    > >> I guess I need a high pixel count, plus movie mode, (with sound) would
    be
    > >> useful,
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >>
    > >> Troy

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    hmmmm.... Interesting. The server converted my own Brit Pound symbol to an
    octothorpe also.

    > Very strange. Others have used the Brit Pound "#" symbol and I see it
    quite
    > often in posts. That is why I asked. It came through different.
    >
    > What do you see when I type this?
    > "##################################################"
    >

    > "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > > I guess this is down to the newsreader & ascii set you have installed. I
    > put
    > > in the UK pound symbol, but on your PC it has interpreted it as #
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > >
    > > Troy
    > >
    > > "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
    > > > Best of luck for that money.
    > > >
    > > > What is a #?
    > > >
    > > > "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > it's
    > > > my

    > > > please?
    would
    > be

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote

    > What do you see when I type this?
    > "( (o) )( (o) ) ( (o) )(
    (o) ) ( (o) )( (o) )"

    Dolly Parton and two of her buddies?
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Too high on the screen to be Dolly!

    "Fred" <testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote in message
    > "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote
    >
    > > What do you see when I type this?
    > > "( (o) )( (o) ) ( (o) )(
    > (o) ) ( (o) )( (o) )"
    >
    > Dolly Parton and two of her buddies?

  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Gymy,

    I see your pound signs here, guess its something at your end. Oh well, not
    to worry, we're move off topic :-)

    Cheers,

    Troy

    "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
    > Very strange. Others have used the Brit Pound "£" symbol and I see it
    > quite
    > often in posts. That is why I asked. It came through different.
    >
    > What do you see when I type this?
    > "££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££"
    >

    > "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    >> I guess this is down to the newsreader & ascii set you have installed. I
    > put
    >> in the UK pound symbol, but on your PC it has interpreted it as #
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Troy
    >>
    >> "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
    >> > Best of luck for that money.
    >> >
    >> > What is a #?
    >> >
    >> > "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > it's
    >> > my

    >> > please?
    > be

  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    LOL...well I see what some people call "pound signs" but not the British
    Pound sign. What I see are "octothorpe symbols" with 8 points on them.

    > Gymy,
    >
    > I see your pound signs here, guess its something at your end. Oh well, not
    > to worry, we're move off topic :-)
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Troy
    >
    > "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
    > > Very strange. Others have used the Brit Pound "#" symbol and I see it
    > > quite
    > > often in posts. That is why I asked. It came through different.
    > >
    > > What do you see when I type this?
    > > "##################################################"
    > >

    > > "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > >> I guess this is down to the newsreader & ascii set you have installed.
    > > put
    > >> in the UK pound symbol, but on your PC it has interpreted it as #
    > >>
    > >> Cheers,
    > >>
    > >> Troy
    > >>
    > >> "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message

    > > it's

    would
    > > be

  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    In the standard Arial Font that is universal for the Web Plain Text.

    On Windows USA keyboards, the UK Pound symbol is press and hold the ALT key
    and on the number pad type 0163, release the ALT and you get £.

    (put the cursor where you want the UK Pound, hold ALT, press zero, one, six,
    three on number pad, release ALT)

    The # is Shift+3 on the upper row of keys.

    The United Kingdom Pound is also known as GBP and the US dollar is USD.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    > LOL...well I see what some people call "pound signs" but not the British
    > Pound sign. What I see are "octothorpe symbols" with 8 points on them.
    >
    > "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    >> Gymy,
    >>
    >> I see your pound signs here, guess its something at your end. Oh well,
    >> not
    >> to worry, we're move off topic :-)
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Troy
    >>
    >> "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
    >> > Very strange. Others have used the Brit Pound "#" symbol and I see it
    >> > quite
    >> > often in posts. That is why I asked. It came through different.
    >> >
    >> > What do you see when I type this?
    >> > "##################################################"
    >> >

    >> > "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    >> > put

    >> > it's

    > would
    >> > be

  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    LOL... this is what I get with <alt>163 "ú". A lowercase U with an accent.

    <alt> 156 gives a BGP and it looks like this before I post it. "£". LOL well
    I guess you can only see it after I post it.

    "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    > In the standard Arial Font that is universal for the Web Plain Text.
    >
    > On Windows USA keyboards, the UK Pound symbol is press and hold the ALT
    key
    > and on the number pad type 0163, release the ALT and you get #.
    >
    > (put the cursor where you want the UK Pound, hold ALT, press zero, one,
    six,
    > three on number pad, release ALT)
    >
    > The # is Shift+3 on the upper row of keys.
    >
    > The United Kingdom Pound is also known as GBP and the US dollar is USD.
    >
    > --
    > CSM1
    > http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    > --
    >
    > "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
    > > LOL...well I see what some people call "pound signs" but not the British
    > > Pound sign. What I see are "octothorpe symbols" with 8 points on them.
    > >
    > > "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > >> Gymy,
    > >>
    > >> I see your pound signs here, guess its something at your end. Oh well,
    > >> not
    > >> to worry, we're move off topic :-)
    > >>
    > >> Cheers,
    > >>
    > >> Troy
    > >>
    > >> "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message

    > > would

  12. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    It has to ALT ZERO one six three. You have to include the zero to get the
    correct character in Windows. Alt-0163=£ alt-163=ú alt-156=£ on my
    keyboard (this is not the same computer) that I sent the previous message
    from, yet it is the same character set.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    > LOL... this is what I get with <alt>163 "ú". A lowercase U with an accent.
    >
    > <alt> 156 gives a BGP and it looks like this before I post it. "£". LOL
    well
    > I guess you can only see it after I post it.
    >

    > "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    > > In the standard Arial Font that is universal for the Web Plain Text.
    > >
    > > On Windows USA keyboards, the UK Pound symbol is press and hold the ALT
    > key
    > > and on the number pad type 0163, release the ALT and you get #.
    > >
    > > (put the cursor where you want the UK Pound, hold ALT, press zero, one,
    > six,
    > > three on number pad, release ALT)
    > >
    > > The # is Shift+3 on the upper row of keys.
    > >
    > > The United Kingdom Pound is also known as GBP and the US dollar is USD.
    > >
    > > --
    > > CSM1
    > > http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    > > --
    > >
    > > "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
    > > > LOL...well I see what some people call "pound signs" but not the
    British
    > > > Pound sign. What I see are "octothorpe symbols" with 8 points on them.
    > > >
    > > > "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

    > installed.

    > however

    > > > would

  13. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    £
    test for character above...ignore

    > It has to ALT ZERO one six three. You have to include the zero to get the
    > correct character in Windows. Alt-0163=£ alt-163=ú alt-156=£ on my
    > keyboard (this is not the same computer) that I sent the previous message
    > from, yet it is the same character set.
    >
    > --
    > CSM1
    > http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    > --
    > "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
    > > LOL... this is what I get with <alt>163 "ú". A lowercase U with an
    accent.

    > > <alt> 156 gives a BGP and it looks like this before I post it. "£". LOL
    > well
    > > I guess you can only see it after I post it.
    > >

    > > "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    > > > In the standard Arial Font that is universal for the Web Plain Text.
    > > >
    > > > On Windows USA keyboards, the UK Pound symbol is press and hold the
    ALT
    > > key
    > > > and on the number pad type 0163, release the ALT and you get #.
    > > >
    > > > (put the cursor where you want the UK Pound, hold ALT, press zero,
    one,
    > > six,
    > > > three on number pad, release ALT)
    > > >
    > > > The # is Shift+3 on the upper row of keys.
    > > >
    > > > The United Kingdom Pound is also known as GBP and the US dollar is
    USD.

    > > > --
    > > > CSM1
    > > > http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    > > > --
    > > >
    > > > "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
    > British

    > well,

    > it

    > > installed.

    > > however

    > sound)

  14. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    LOL...didn't make a difference...LOL

    > #
    > test for character above...ignore
    >
    > "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    > > It has to ALT ZERO one six three. You have to include the zero to get
    the
    > > correct character in Windows. Alt-0163=# alt-163=z alt-156=# on my
    > > keyboard (this is not the same computer) that I sent the previous
    message
    > > from, yet it is the same character set.
    > >
    > > --
    > > CSM1
    > > http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    > > --
    > > "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
    > > > LOL... this is what I get with <alt>163 "z". A lowercase U with an
    > accent.
    > > >
    > > > <alt> 156 gives a BGP and it looks like this before I post it. "#".
    LOL
    > > well
    > > > I guess you can only see it after I post it.
    > > >

    > > > "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message

    > ALT
    > > > key

    > one,
    > > > six,

    > USD.

    > > British
    > them.

    > > well,

    > see
    > > it

    > > > installed.
    > #

    > > > however

    > > sound)

  15. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Did not show correctly in the return post.

    Dead Horse. Bye.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    > LOL...didn't make a difference...LOL
    >
    > "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
    > > #
    > > test for character above...ignore
    > >
    > > "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
    > > > It has to ALT ZERO one six three. You have to include the zero to get
    > the
    > > > correct character in Windows. Alt-0163=# alt-163=z alt-156=# on
    my
    > > > keyboard (this is not the same computer) that I sent the previous
    > message
    > > > from, yet it is the same character set.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > CSM1