  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
January 16, 2005 5:53:47 PM

I dare say that this has been asked a million times before, however it's my
turn now ;-)

What digital camera/s are highly recommended for approx £100 to £200 please?
I guess I need a high pixel count, plus movie mode, (with sound) would be
useful,

Thanks,

Troy

More about : camera 100 200

Anonymous
January 16, 2005 5:53:48 PM

Best of luck for that money.

What is a #?

"Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> I dare say that this has been asked a million times before, however it's
my
> turn now ;-)
>
> What digital camera/s are highly recommended for approx #100 to #200
please?
> I guess I need a high pixel count, plus movie mode, (with sound) would be
> useful,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Troy

Anonymous
January 16, 2005 9:19:33 PM

Troy wrote:
> I dare say that this has been asked a million times before, however it's my
> turn now ;-)
>
> What digital camera/s are highly recommended for approx £100 to £200 please?
> I guess I need a high pixel count, plus movie mode, (with sound) would be
> useful,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Troy

According to Jan 05 edition of Digital Camera Magazine:

Ricoh Caplio R1, 4Mp, 4.8 X optical zoom, movie with sound (I've got one
of these, fantastic P&S camera)

Pentax Optio 33WR, 3.2Mp, 2.8 X optical zoom

Pentax Optio S30, 3.2Mp, 3X optical zoom

Canon Digital Ixus i, 4Mp, no optical zoom

Panasonic Lumix LC70, 4.2Mp, 3X optical zoom

HP Photosmart R707, 5.3Mp, 3X optical zoom

I dare say other readers will have an opinion on these.

Tony M
Related resources
January 17, 2005 8:46:57 PM

I guess this is down to the newsreader & ascii set you have installed. I put
in the UK pound symbol, but on your PC it has interpreted it as #

Cheers,

Troy

"Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
> Best of luck for that money.
>
> What is a #?
>
> "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>> I dare say that this has been asked a million times before, however it's
> my
>> turn now ;-)
>>
>> What digital camera/s are highly recommended for approx #100 to #200
> please?
>> I guess I need a high pixel count, plus movie mode, (with sound) would be
>> useful,
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Troy

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 8:46:58 PM

Very strange. Others have used the Brit Pound "£" symbol and I see it quite
often in posts. That is why I asked. It came through different.

What do you see when I type this?
"££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££"

> I guess this is down to the newsreader & ascii set you have installed. I
put
> in the UK pound symbol, but on your PC it has interpreted it as #
>
> Cheers,
>
> Troy
>
> "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
> > Best of luck for that money.
> >
> > What is a #?
> >
> > "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> >> I dare say that this has been asked a million times before, however
it's
> > my
> >> turn now ;-)
> >>
> >> What digital camera/s are highly recommended for approx #100 to #200
> > please?
> >> I guess I need a high pixel count, plus movie mode, (with sound) would
be
> >> useful,
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Troy

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 10:26:11 PM

hmmmm.... Interesting. The server converted my own Brit Pound symbol to an
octothorpe also.

> Very strange. Others have used the Brit Pound "#" symbol and I see it
quite
> often in posts. That is why I asked. It came through different.
>
> What do you see when I type this?
> "##################################################"
>

> "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> > I guess this is down to the newsreader & ascii set you have installed. I
> put
> > in the UK pound symbol, but on your PC it has interpreted it as #
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Troy
> >
> > "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
> > > Best of luck for that money.
> > >
> > > What is a #?
> > >
> > > "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> it's
> > > my

> > > please?
would
> be

January 18, 2005 4:26:53 AM

"Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote

> What do you see when I type this?
> "( (o) )( (o) ) ( (o) )(
(o) ) ( (o) )( (o) )"

Dolly Parton and two of her buddies?
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 4:26:54 AM

Too high on the screen to be Dolly!

"Fred" <testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote in message
> "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote
>
> > What do you see when I type this?
> > "( (o) )( (o) ) ( (o) )(
> (o) ) ( (o) )( (o) )"
>
> Dolly Parton and two of her buddies?

January 19, 2005 11:46:38 PM

Gymy,

I see your pound signs here, guess its something at your end. Oh well, not
to worry, we're move off topic :-)

Cheers,

Troy

"Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
> Very strange. Others have used the Brit Pound "£" symbol and I see it
> quite
> often in posts. That is why I asked. It came through different.
>
> What do you see when I type this?
> "££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££"
>

> "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>> I guess this is down to the newsreader & ascii set you have installed. I
> put
>> in the UK pound symbol, but on your PC it has interpreted it as #
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Troy
>>
>> "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
>> > Best of luck for that money.
>> >
>> > What is a #?
>> >
>> > "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> it's
>> > my

>> > please?
> be

Anonymous
January 19, 2005 11:46:39 PM

LOL...well I see what some people call "pound signs" but not the British
Pound sign. What I see are "octothorpe symbols" with 8 points on them.

> Gymy,
>
> I see your pound signs here, guess its something at your end. Oh well, not
> to worry, we're move off topic :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Troy
>
> "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
> > Very strange. Others have used the Brit Pound "#" symbol and I see it
> > quite
> > often in posts. That is why I asked. It came through different.
> >
> > What do you see when I type this?
> > "##################################################"
> >

> > "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> >> I guess this is down to the newsreader & ascii set you have installed.
> > put
> >> in the UK pound symbol, but on your PC it has interpreted it as #
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> Troy
> >>
> >> "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message

> > it's

would
> > be

Anonymous
January 20, 2005 7:57:40 PM

In the standard Arial Font that is universal for the Web Plain Text.

On Windows USA keyboards, the UK Pound symbol is press and hold the ALT key
and on the number pad type 0163, release the ALT and you get £.

(put the cursor where you want the UK Pound, hold ALT, press zero, one, six,
three on number pad, release ALT)

The # is Shift+3 on the upper row of keys.

The United Kingdom Pound is also known as GBP and the US dollar is USD.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

> LOL...well I see what some people call "pound signs" but not the British
> Pound sign. What I see are "octothorpe symbols" with 8 points on them.
>
> "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>> Gymy,
>>
>> I see your pound signs here, guess its something at your end. Oh well,
>> not
>> to worry, we're move off topic :-)
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Troy
>>
>> "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
>> > Very strange. Others have used the Brit Pound "#" symbol and I see it
>> > quite
>> > often in posts. That is why I asked. It came through different.
>> >
>> > What do you see when I type this?
>> > "##################################################"
>> >

>> > "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
>> > put

>> > it's

> would
>> > be

Anonymous
January 20, 2005 9:51:00 PM

LOL... this is what I get with <alt>163 "ú". A lowercase U with an accent.

<alt> 156 gives a BGP and it looks like this before I post it. "£". LOL well
I guess you can only see it after I post it.

"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> In the standard Arial Font that is universal for the Web Plain Text.
>
> On Windows USA keyboards, the UK Pound symbol is press and hold the ALT
key
> and on the number pad type 0163, release the ALT and you get #.
>
> (put the cursor where you want the UK Pound, hold ALT, press zero, one,
six,
> three on number pad, release ALT)
>
> The # is Shift+3 on the upper row of keys.
>
> The United Kingdom Pound is also known as GBP and the US dollar is USD.
>
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
> --
>
> "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
> > LOL...well I see what some people call "pound signs" but not the British
> > Pound sign. What I see are "octothorpe symbols" with 8 points on them.
> >
> > "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> >> Gymy,
> >>
> >> I see your pound signs here, guess its something at your end. Oh well,
> >> not
> >> to worry, we're move off topic :-)
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> Troy
> >>
> >> "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message

> > would

Anonymous
January 21, 2005 4:03:13 AM

It has to ALT ZERO one six three. You have to include the zero to get the
correct character in Windows. Alt-0163=£ alt-163=ú alt-156=£ on my
keyboard (this is not the same computer) that I sent the previous message
from, yet it is the same character set.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
> LOL... this is what I get with <alt>163 "ú". A lowercase U with an accent.
>
> <alt> 156 gives a BGP and it looks like this before I post it. "£". LOL
well
> I guess you can only see it after I post it.
>

> "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> > In the standard Arial Font that is universal for the Web Plain Text.
> >
> > On Windows USA keyboards, the UK Pound symbol is press and hold the ALT
> key
> > and on the number pad type 0163, release the ALT and you get #.
> >
> > (put the cursor where you want the UK Pound, hold ALT, press zero, one,
> six,
> > three on number pad, release ALT)
> >
> > The # is Shift+3 on the upper row of keys.
> >
> > The United Kingdom Pound is also known as GBP and the US dollar is USD.
> >
> > --
> > CSM1
> > http://www.carlmcmillan.com
> > --
> >
> > "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
> > > LOL...well I see what some people call "pound signs" but not the
British
> > > Pound sign. What I see are "octothorpe symbols" with 8 points on them.
> > >
> > > "Troy" <troy.eade@REMOVEdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

> installed.

> however

> > > would

Anonymous
January 21, 2005 4:03:14 AM

£
test for character above...ignore

> It has to ALT ZERO one six three. You have to include the zero to get the
> correct character in Windows. Alt-0163=£ alt-163=ú alt-156=£ on my
> keyboard (this is not the same computer) that I sent the previous message
> from, yet it is the same character set.
>
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
> --
> "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
> > LOL... this is what I get with <alt>163 "ú". A lowercase U with an
accent.

> > <alt> 156 gives a BGP and it looks like this before I post it. "£". LOL
> well
> > I guess you can only see it after I post it.
> >

> > "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> > > In the standard Arial Font that is universal for the Web Plain Text.
> > >
> > > On Windows USA keyboards, the UK Pound symbol is press and hold the
ALT
> > key
> > > and on the number pad type 0163, release the ALT and you get #.
> > >
> > > (put the cursor where you want the UK Pound, hold ALT, press zero,
one,
> > six,
> > > three on number pad, release ALT)
> > >
> > > The # is Shift+3 on the upper row of keys.
> > >
> > > The United Kingdom Pound is also known as GBP and the US dollar is
USD.

> > > --
> > > CSM1
> > > http://www.carlmcmillan.com
> > > --
> > >
> > > "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
> British

> well,

> it

> > installed.

> > however

> sound)

Anonymous
January 21, 2005 4:03:15 AM

LOL...didn't make a difference...LOL

> #
> test for character above...ignore
>
> "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> > It has to ALT ZERO one six three. You have to include the zero to get
the
> > correct character in Windows. Alt-0163=# alt-163=z alt-156=# on my
> > keyboard (this is not the same computer) that I sent the previous
message
> > from, yet it is the same character set.
> >
> > --
> > CSM1
> > http://www.carlmcmillan.com
> > --
> > "Gymy Bob" <nothanx@bight.me> wrote in message
> > > LOL... this is what I get with <alt>163 "z". A lowercase U with an
> accent.
> > >
> > > <alt> 156 gives a BGP and it looks like this before I post it. "#".
LOL
> > well
> > > I guess you can only see it after I post it.
> > >

> > > "CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message

> ALT
> > > key

> one,
> > > six,

> USD.

> > British
> them.

> > well,

> see
> > it

> > > installed.
> #

> > > however

> > sound)

Anonymous
January 21, 2005 3:51:30 PM

Did not show correctly in the return post.

Dead Horse. Bye.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com