Recommend an idiotproof camera for around £200-£250

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I want to buy my parents a camera for Christmas as they are going travelling
in January (y'know the sort of travelling newly retireds do). I have an
EOS-10D which I am extremely happy with and I offered it to them but my
mother is a Bear of Very Little Brain and is still in the dark, despite my
extensive instruction.

What they (OK, she) wants is something that's a no-brainer to use,
reasonable resolution (3.5-5MP) and a 2.5-3x optical zoom - a kit would be
useful, so I don't have to budget for extras, like cables and memory cards.

So far I have looked at: -

Canon PowerShot A95 - though I have read it suffers from chromatic
aberration and is noisy at high ISOs.
Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P93 - but it appears to want to use Memory Sticks,
rather than anything more universally acceptable
Canon IXUS 40 - not read anything about this, but my uncle (Mum's brother)
has one and he's more than satisfied.
Kodak EasyShare LS753 - all I've read aobut this appears to be good

So, which of the above would anyone recommend - or feel free to make your
own recommendation.

Thanks
--
Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling on
salads.

Hello,
I habe the CS753 and I think I can recommend it.
It is easy to use and pictures seem to be OK.
Beside that the videos are very nice.
I use it with a 512 MB and a 1GB SD-memory card.
Up to now absolutely no problem.
Wolfgang

They want a no brainer but can recognize chromatic aberration?

LOL