Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4000 vs NVIDIA GeForce GT 640

Hello, what is best for when using programs such as autocad, photoshop, GIS, lumion etc? NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 or Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 4000 ?
11 answers Last reply
More about integrated intel graphics 4000 nvidia geforce 640
  1. Not sure if troll thread. or actually serious O_o but if you are serious. then the hd 4000 is just an integrated chip and the gt 640 is a bit faster than it.. however not by that much.. recently intel has been making some good integrated gpu's and the hd4000 can easily be overclocked to perform better than the gt 640 or so ive been told O_o personally i dont think an intergrated chip can out perform a dedicated full length graphics card the GT640 would definitely be a better investment
  2. go for AMD solution - take Radeon card, they all come with OpenCL support - i suggest you to go for HD7750 or HD6670 at this price tag
  3. choose nvidia quadro rather than the gt640....quadro cards are better for productivity than the consumer graphic cards like the gt series
  4. siddharthmukul007 said:
    choose nvidia quadro rather than the gt640....quadro cards are better for productivity than the consumer graphic cards like the gt series


    If he can pay more money he won't be asking about GT640. Quadro is not faster. It is just expensive for stability and quality controlled drivers. For average user using geforce is better idea.
  5. Nakeda said:
    haider95 said:
    Not sure if troll thread. or actually serious O_o but if you are serious. then the hd 4000 is just an integrated chip and the gt 640 is a bit faster than it.. however not by that much.. recently intel has been making some good integrated gpu's and the hd4000 can easily be overclocked to perform better than the gt 640 or so ive been told O_o personally i dont think an intergrated chip can out perform a dedicated full length graphics card the GT640 would definitely be a better investment


    Dont belive him,i had an intel hd 4000 with i5,and i could play crysis 3 and saint row 3 with highest settings on 1920-1080 res,so nvidia definetly worse...


    Feeding trolls is a no no!
  6. My first Card was actually a Gt 640 and it was really good, if you do get the http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt640 get the GDDR5 Version, it will perform better, good card for the money, try the 2 GB version also. :)
  7. hardyboys209 said:
    My first Card was actually a Gt 640 and it was really good, if you do get the http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt640 get the GDDR5 Version, it will perform better, good card for the money, try the 2 GB version also. :)


    Whenever Im upgrading to a next gen graphics card, I have to use my Intel HD 3000 on my 2600K. I OCed my iGPU to 1.7GHz so I can run skyrim@1080P and the beamng alpha tech demo@1600P without a hassle. Im actually in the same process for the modified kepler 770!
  8. meowmix44 said:
    hardyboys209 said:
    My first Card was actually a Gt 640 and it was really good, if you do get the http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt640 get the GDDR5 Version, it will perform better, good card for the money, try the 2 GB version also. :)


    Whenever Im upgrading to a next gen graphics card, I have to use my Intel HD 3000 on my 2600K. I OCed my iGPU to 1.7GHz so I can run skyrim@1080P and the beamng alpha tech demo@1600P without a hassle. Im actually in the same process for the modified kepler 770!

    What??! ...Dude the intel HD3000 is barely able to play any game @ 1024x766 with medium graphics -_-.

    Your such a troller who dont even know how to overclock.
  9. khaledegy200 said:
    meowmix44 said:
    hardyboys209 said:
    My first Card was actually a Gt 640 and it was really good, if you do get the http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt640 get the GDDR5 Version, it will perform better, good card for the money, try the 2 GB version also. :)


    Whenever Im upgrading to a next gen graphics card, I have to use my Intel HD 3000 on my 2600K. I OCed my iGPU to 1.7GHz so I can run skyrim@1080P and the beamng alpha tech demo@1600P without a hassle. Im actually in the same process for the modified kepler 770!

    What??! ...Dude the intel HD3000 is barely able to play any game @ 1024x766 with medium graphics -_-.

    Your such a troller who dont even know how to overclock.


    lol..... My AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 allowsme to edit the frequency and voltage of the integrated graphics of my fully unlock i7 2600K. It does help alot, but I dont use it anymore since Im back to dedicated graphics
  10. Quote:
    Feeding trolls is a no no!



    So is quoting them. It just makes our job harder. ;)
  11. anort3 said:
    Quote:
    Feeding trolls is a no no!



    So is quoting them. It just makes our job harder. ;)


    :O I'm sorry :( I promise to never feed trolls again. I love talking to very educated moderators, almost every time I see one of you guys talk, I study your wise choice of words. Thankyou :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Nvidia Geforce HD Graphics