Lord_Reggie

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
what would be the best GPU to get within this budget. i like the 7950, but im looking for other suggetions. i dont mind if its amd or nvidia, and i wont be overclocking.

my current setup is:
I5 3570k
16gb ram corsair vengance
600w corsair psu
gigabyte z77 motherboard
1tb seagate barracuda hdd

thanks.

I actually would say it's not worth spending that much, but in your price range I'd take a GTX660 Ti. Reason I'd spend less is that the Ti model is only around 10% slower than the normal GTX660. Both excellent options though.

Exactly - you're not getting a lot extra for your money. When you get to the point in a few years where a GTX660 can no longer handle the latest games, a GTX660 Ti (or 7870/7950) isn't gonna be able to handle them either. For that reason, I'd stick at a GTX660, or add another £20-30 to your budget and step right up to a GTX670 for something genuinely faster.

Commandermadi

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012

Guess the 670 is £40-50 more than the 660.

Commandermadi

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012

660 is to be compared with the 7870.
670 is to be compared with the 7950

Haha no, GTX660 is £160, GTX670 is £270. GTX660 Ti is £220. But the GTX660 Ti is slightly closer to the GTX670 in price, despite being closer to the GTX660 in speed, which makes it look like not such a great deal.

The GTX670 is actually generally much closer to 7970 speed than 7950. Though we're not talking about major differences either way.

Lord_Reggie

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
well i can get a 7950, with farcry 3, hitman absolution, sleeping dogs and a 20% of MoH WF (MoH is terrible i know) for 230, so would this be the best card to go for with a good balance of performance and value for money.

also would a 7950 fir in a Zalman Z9 Plus Tower Case? (or any other card thats been mentioned).

thanks

I think you should make up your own mind about Medal of Honour - don't just go with what other people say :) For some reason it's cool now to hate Call of Duty and Halo, but I think they're both awesome. I've not played Medal of Honour, so couldn't say personally... but I probably will play it when I get a more powerful card.

Sumukh_Bhagat

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
IGN Reviews has gone Dumb. I really loved MOH.

And I didn't like NFS MW 12. Believe me, I'm a MW Fan but this part disappointed me. It didn't had a story! Just couple of Good cars.
But IGN gave a 9 to it.

I liked NFS The Run, because they had a total new Story. Other than those boring Circuits and all. More than 100+ cars. :love:
But IGN gave it a 6.5

And guess what? GOTY is Journey! I haven't heard that game before.
They gave it GOTY because it had a nice Story.
Tell them to Play Spec-Ops: The Line. The Best story ever I played.

They released the Review of MOH after few days of release. Guess why? Probably because Activision was giving them Money to give less Grade :lol:

Woof, now I feel a little better. :)

Lord_Reggie

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012

i have played MoH, on the 360 mind but it was probaly made for it anyway. it feels asif its just keeping the bench warm for bf4. the mp is unbalanced but i did enjoy the story even if it isnt the best about.

as for nfs mw, i stopped playing that as i didnt want to finish it. i liked it but it felt asif i was going to number 1 in 4 hours, and i wasnt as good as the original nfs mw, that is the best nfs in my opion.

Sumukh_Bhagat

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Dude, Today I tried playing Far Cry3 through my Xbox controller.
Believe me, I couldn't even kill a single person. :lol:

I can play better through Mouse & Keyboard.
Couldn't control those sticks nicely. :na:

Yup, the MOH wasn't worth the price but still deserved a 5 or 6 for its Graphics and Story.

That's cool you tried it yourself :) I'm with Sumuhk on keyboard/mouse - gamepad works fine for racing games (not really any benefit in a mouse for those) but I wouldn't play a shooter without a mouse. I tried a few with the Wii remote (I actually completed Goldeneye and a few other shooters on it) but it wasn't great.

Sumukh_Bhagat

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Nothing beats a Mouse for Aiming Games. :)

Me and My friends play Dirt Showdown through a Controller and Keyboard.
And it is very fun. We just can't stop laughing seeing each other Fall from the Ledge (Knockout). :lol:

I use a Controller for more Comfort in Racing games. ;)

Lord_Reggie

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
oh i agree, that shooters are better with kb/m. but i do alot of console gaming with some friends, so im pretty good with one now. also i got it on 360 for 20 quid as apposed to 30 minimum for pc.

Yeah I think with practice, gamepads actually work better for shooters than the Wii remote, though still not as good as mouse. Which is funny, because I'd think the remote would work much more like a mouse, but it's really not great. As for prices, you should buy from Amazon and Play - I get some awesome deals from those! I never go in shops for games any more.

Lord_Reggie

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012

i use shopto.net, cheapest games ive seen anyware