-OCZ ModXstream Pro 500W
-AMD Athlon II X2 270 Processor - 3.4 GHz

thanks

More about : graphics card

a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 24, 2012 3:41:22 PM

Sorry but I have to tell you. The performance increase... Its just not there. Your system is gonna hit a brick wall and is already left behind on most every game now a days. If ur doing low end games I might would check eBay for a gtx 260
October 24, 2012 3:46:25 PM

i will only be playing old games nothing much. Quake is probably the most graphics intensive game.

'Your system is gonna hit a brick wall and is already left behind on most every game now a days.'

do you mean my whole computer is too slow? if so what would i need to keep it up to date?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 24, 2012 5:16:37 PM

a new motherboard and CPU for starts and a low end graphics card
October 25, 2012 6:49:37 AM

Rockdpm said:
a new motherboard and CPU for starts and a low end graphics card

I thought 3.4ghz was fast?
Why do I need a different motherboard?
( sorry I'm kind of a noob at this)
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 25, 2012 7:14:03 PM

If you are buying new a Radeon 6670 is the only good option for that price or look for a Radeon 4870 on Ebay they sell for under £40 alot. Either option will allow you to play any game on low-medium settings older games on high without upgrading anything else. There is not a game that exists that you won't be able to play at all. There is no reason to upgrade the CPU for a £50 graphics card for a £100 graphics card the CPU would hold it back. Remember its not just about speed, your CPU is an old design and can be beaten by budget intel Pentium G series running at 2.6GHz and many games like 4 cores now (though none need it).
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 25, 2012 8:11:20 PM

willster206 said:
I thought 3.4ghz was fast?
Why do I need a different motherboard?
( sorry I'm kind of a noob at this)

3.4 GHz is fast but you have an athlon and is what's worst is its a dual core.... you can have a really really oldcpu and fry it to the max with over clocking buts not gonna give you satisfying results. My advice would be get a cheap GPU and find a Phenom ii. But it still might not be worth the investment rather than just saving for a new computer
October 26, 2012 10:28:09 AM

ok thanks guys i just built this computer so i might buy a new CPU as i did not realise the CPU i bought was that old. i didnt get a 4 core as i was told that hardly anything uses 4 cores but i sounds like a might be better getting one anyway.
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 26, 2012 5:04:27 PM

willster206 said:
ok thanks guys i just built this computer so i might buy a new CPU as i did not realise the CPU i bought was that old. i didnt get a 4 core as i was told that hardly anything uses 4 cores but i sounds like a might be better getting one anyway.

More than likely the person that told you nothing uses "4 cores" was a Intel Fanboy. Now, your Athlon was a decent chip back in the day but now... those 2 cores are probably worked pretty hard.. because of the Nm and Architecture from back then... todays more modern stuff handles daily usage much easier... so just get a Phenom II 965 (just pop out the Athlon and put the phenom ii in) no bios update needed.. also the graphics card.. youd be able to use a more powerful GPU and not be bottlenecked with a Phenom II
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 26, 2012 6:54:28 PM

I still think your CPU is fine with a £50 graphics card, a Phenom would be good with a £130 card but for gaming your graphics card should cost 1.5-2 times as much as your CPU. You can always get the £50 card and upgrade if you think you need to. As for games using 4 cores they do now but a few years ago hardly any did. I remember when I got my dual Phenom around 3 years ago nothing needed 4 cores (its now unlocked to 4 cores anyway).
October 26, 2012 7:01:16 PM

Possibly an Nvidia 9600GT 512 MB? They are old but really good cards, easily play what you want to play.
I had a 9600GT no OC or anything and I could run BF3 on low/med graphics.
My computer is:
AMD Phenom 9550 2.2 Quad
3GB DDR2 ram
Nvidia GTX295 (9600GT is my old card)
500W standard PSU
350GB 7200 RPM western digital HDD
A shitty Imedia motherboard

Really not that much of a setup but It's not too bad.
as for "nothing uses 4 cores" that's just stupid :p  Tell them they're stupid.
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 26, 2012 7:02:32 PM

chaz9124 said:
Possibly an Nvidia 9600GT 512 MB? They are old but really good cards, easily play what you want to play.
I had a 9600GT no OC or anything and I could run BF3 on low/med graphics.
My computer is:
AMD Phenom 9550 2.2 Quad
3GB DDR2 ram
Nvidia GTX295 (9600GT is my old card)
500W standard PSU
350GB 7200 RPM western digital HDD
A shitty Imedia motherboard

Really not that much of a setup but It's not too bad.
as for "nothing uses 4 cores" that's just stupid :p  Tell them they're stupid.

ANYTHING nowadays uses 4 cores
October 26, 2012 7:03:37 PM

Rockdpm said:
ANYTHING nowadays uses 4 cores

Indeed it does :p 
October 29, 2012 1:27:56 PM

ok thanks guys:) 
is there any difference between:
ARIANET Radeon HD 6670 or
MSI Radeon HD 6670

i'm wondering why theres a price difference

thanks
October 29, 2012 1:41:46 PM

willster206 said:
ok thanks guys:) 
is there any difference between:
ARIANET Radeon HD 6670 or
MSI Radeon HD 6670

i'm wondering why theres a price difference

thanks

I don't think there's a massive difference, usually it's in the cooling and sometimes it's just the named brand.
some companies offer better customer service or longer warranties and stuff like that so if you're bothered about that kinda stuff then check with them but if not, it's mainly a cooling or a paying for the brand type thing.
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 29, 2012 2:31:36 PM

The ARIANET has 2GB of vram.the MSI has only 1GB
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 29, 2012 2:50:27 PM

Yes those cards both HAVE 2B of vram. the MSI only has 1GB of ddr3
October 29, 2012 2:50:57 PM

willster206 said:
correct me if i'm wrong but i think the specs are the same.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Graphics+Card...

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Graphics+Card...

One has a DVI-D and one has a DVI-I which might add some production costs and one has a 2 year warranty and one has 3. those would be the main factors I think.

http://www.hwcompare.com/10932/geforce-9600-gt-512mb-vs...

That's a great site for finding out performance differences between cards and finding out which you want. It provides detail down to power consumption and memory bandwidth.
October 29, 2012 2:53:03 PM

Rockdpm said:
Yes those cards both HAVE 2B of vram. the MSI only has 1GB of ddr3

but on that site he linked both have 2GB of 1334MHz DDR3 ram
IF there was any more than warrenty or something like that I think there would be a bigger price difference.
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 29, 2012 2:58:34 PM

chaz9124 said:
but on that site he linked both have 2GB of 1334MHz DDR3 ram
IF there was any more than warrenty or something like that I think there would be a bigger price difference.

Did you not read what i said? those two cards have 2GB of vram and the MSI he linked earlier has 1... where did i say the two cards he linked wasn't the same
October 29, 2012 3:08:05 PM

Rockdpm said:
Did you not read what i said? those two cards have 2GB of vram and the MSI he linked earlier has 1... where did i say the two cards he linked wasn't the same

I can't see an link to an msi card that only has 1 GB of ram, I'm talking about the ones he linked recently which both have 2GB of DDR3 ram which I'm guessing they are the one's he's looking at : :lol: 

I think there's a bit of confusion from me here XD
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 29, 2012 3:20:42 PM

Yea but thetwo he linked are the same brand. the only MSI 6670 i could find on newegg had 1GB of VRAM. now the two two he recently linked are both made by ARIANET.. which is a comapny i am unfamiliar with.. But CHAZ i'm sorry but your not gonna fool me here. I know exactly what i'm seeing, the two cards he linked have 2GB of VRAM. the one hes looking at is a ARIANET and a MSI. not TWO ARIANTE's
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
October 29, 2012 3:25:11 PM

I might would upgrade to the FX 4300 instead... Pile Driver would be a better improvement. just make sure you update your BIOS and you should be ok
October 29, 2012 3:32:30 PM

ok:)  any particular reason the FX4300 is better?
!