Sign in with
Your question

£200 budget, need to run planetside 2 on max

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 3, 2012 10:13:29 AM

hey guys
my computer is currently running an msi 5450 card, this runs league of legends just fine and tribes ascend on lowest settings (shonky frame rates)

i've had a look around but the prices seem to vary alot from place to place and it's hard to decide if i'm getting a good deal or not.

I'm just looking for a card that will run planetside 2 super smooth at max settings.

P.S a couple of games on my steam account (e.g 40k space marine) won't run at all, they just flicker about and crash, is this a graphics card/ driver problem? and if so will a better card fix this?
a c 104 U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 11:06:03 AM

Hi.

Please give us your system specs, specially your psu. Also your res.
September 3, 2012 8:17:18 PM

i'm running I5 2500k, 8GB RAM, 750watt psu. i run through my 32" 720p screen
earlier today i picked up an asus 1GB 4870 from my friend. but i'm having trouble.
when i run the HDMI now, i get no signal at all. i've tried setting up many ways and in every port possible.
i also tried a VGA connection, success! until i install the drivers and restart the system, now it comes up with 'invalid format' instead of no signal, on VGA. tried the HDMI connection again, still no signal!!
a c 104 U Graphics card
September 3, 2012 10:57:58 PM

You want a card that only can handle that game or maybe more demanding games in the future also, for planetside you could get away with a low end gpu.
!